Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm completely stock, 4x2 and wanna run this wheel tire combo, will it fit/rub?

wheels are AR teflon chambers size 17x9 4.5 bs
tires are BFG MT TA KM size 285/70r17

will these wheels clear the calipers with this bs, or will i need spacers?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i don't mind it if they stick out a little, i actually like that look, as long as they aren't sticking out like 2 feet on either side....i'm just more concerned about fitting over the calipers and not rubbing on anything
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,182 Posts
06_SMOKE_SE_CC said:
i don't mind it if they stick out a little, i actually like that look, as long as they aren't sticking out like 2 feet on either side....i'm just more concerned about fitting over the calipers and not rubbing on anything
Kartman mentioned in another thread that he had to do a little grinding on his ... to clear the calipers. I recently heard of someone having to do this with a 5 3/8" backspaced AR Thug, or its chrome fraternal twin the AR (Dale Earnhardt Jr.), Cannon, but was very surprised to hear this about the AR Chamber with a 4.5" b.s. Anyway he said a "little" so, not a big deal ... if you own a grinder :)

I have read of someone having to do the pinch-weld-mod when they got the Moto-Metal 951 in a 17x9 with 4.5" backspacing with Nitto Terra Grappler AT's in a slightly larger 295/70/17. Also, a guy I know with a 6" PC stage1 with the same wheels and BFG MT KM 35x12.5x17 tires, also needed a bit of trimming.

A 4.5" b.s. sticks it out an inch more than OEM, and the 9" width sticks it out another 1" so 1-1/2" more than stock, depending on if you're running th 18s or 17s.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yscty: is that your truck?? if so, did you need spacers or any grinding with those wheels? also, if my wheels stick out even 1-1 1/2" more than that it'd be ok, like i said before i'm more concerned with clearance over the calipers and if the tires are gonna rub at all.

norcal: thanks for mentioning the 951's i think those are actually sliding in to my number one choice spot right now because the package deal i'm getting is $500 less with the 951's than with the chambers....question about the 951's, would the tires rub at all with those in a 17x9 with 4.5 bs with the tire size of 285/70r17? i don't know a whole lot about fitment, so i'm not sure if 285 is enough narrower than 295 to not have to do the pinch weld mod.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,182 Posts
I don't know. I was surprised that someone had issues with the TG 295s. The 285 KMs will be about 1/5" shorter and 1/2" narrower which could be just enough. I doubt the rubbing was severe. If yours rub, maybe just shaping the fender liner with a heat gun would be enough. Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks...i hate that there are so many wheel and tire combos to choose from and that i like so many of them :bangit:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,337 Posts
06_SMOKE_SE_CC said:
yscty: is that your truck?? if so, did you need spacers or any grinding with those wheels? also, if my wheels stick out even 1-1 1/2" more than that it'd be ok, like i said before i'm more concerned with clearance over the calipers and if the tires are gonna rub at all.
Yes that is my truck, and no there are no spacers and no grinding. The wheels are the AR Mojave Teflons 17X8 w/4.5" of backspacing and zero offset.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nice, i think i'm gonna go tomorrow and get the bfg mt's on the 17x9 teflon chambers, hopefully i won't need spacers, but if i do, i do :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,690 Posts
I ordered the AR Thug's 17 inch and did had to run a .5 inch spacer on mine. It hit the front calipers some. I could of grinded them down, but I didn't want to fool with it at the time and I'm fine with running a spacer. I ordered mine from the website specs for the Titan.

I called American racing and they said the manufactures updated their brakes faster than they do the wheels. I told them to quit making crap for Chevy's and hoping it fit on the Titans. Good luck man.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
795 Posts
AF-Medic said:
I ordered the AR Thug's 17 inch and did had to run a .5 inch spacer on mine. It hit the front calipers some. I could of grinded them down, but I didn't want to fool with it at the time and I'm fine with running a spacer. I ordered mine from the website specs for the Titan.

I called American racing and they said the manufactures updated their brakes faster than they do the wheels. I told them to quit making crap for Chevy's and hoping it fit on the Titans. Good luck man.
HA! My Titan had the same problem and its an 04. and the Thugs just came out lat year. AR dosnt want to admit they screwed up on their specs. I waited a month for those. They ended up saying they had the " correct" size now but it would take another month to come. 2 months for wheels? screw that.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top