Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was in the local Nissan dealer the other day picking up my transmission fluid and we were having a general discussion about Titans. We got on the subject of exhaust manifolds and he mentioned they had done a lot of the recalls, and that the manifold "fix" (the little bracket welded on to the 4th collector) wasn't much of a fix as they still saw them back (we already knew that).

However, he said that there was another change in 2013, that the part numbers for the 2013 and up exhaust manifolds are different from both the original early manifolds and the "improved" manifold with the bracket, and that they don't see anything come back that has those.

Does anyone know anything about this? The guy was pretty knowledgeable about Titans in general, knowing about the header and tuning method, etc. but this is the first I've heard that there was a 3rd manifold setup.

EDIT: I looked up manifolds from Courtesy for a bunch of different years and the 2013 and up do in fact have a different part number from the early models and the mid-run models. 2004-2006 appear to have the same number, 2007-2012 the same number, and 2013 and up a different number.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I'd like to hear some feedback from others. My manifolds are finally leaking, and I don't like the thought of spending way over $1K just to fix something. I was gonna go Cajun, but then I would be getting the truck tuned, probably end up wanting to redo entire exhaust and that would cost money.
Used Titan manifolds go for less than $300 a piece, if the 13+ manifolds are good, i'd rather just go that route.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd like to hear some feedback from others. My manifolds are finally leaking, and I don't like the thought of spending way over $1K just to fix something. I was gonna go Cajun, but then I would be getting the truck tuned, probably end up wanting to redo entire exhaust and that would cost money.
Used Titan manifolds go for less than $300 a piece, if the 13+ manifolds are good, i'd rather just go that route.
I am curious to know the same thing. They show a different part number but I would like to know what, if any, changes Nissan actually made to the manifold.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have a 2015, and it would be nice to know if Nissan did modify the manifold in such a way that it no longer cracks like it did. Cajun will be able to tell us if he's seen any 2013-15 Titan with issues.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I am curious to know the same thing. They show a different part number but I would like to know what, if any, changes Nissan actually made to the manifold.
+1

It would be interesting to see what is different about them.

BTW, is there anyway online to get part numbers for our truck?
-EDIT- Found this site: https://www.mynissanpartstore.com/

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
Had a 2013 with 120K cracked manifolds about 6 months ago. Poor design guys Headers, bpipes and Uprev is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I thought the new part number just meant they had the reinforcement on them. There was no "fix" or recall, just new set of manifolds if they cracked within the 8yr / 80k.

Reactions: nightowl

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought the new part number just meant they had the reinforcement on them. There was no "fix" or recall, just new set of manifolds if they cracked within the 8yr / 80k.
There are 3 different part numbers for the manifolds - 04-07, 08-12, and 13-up. I know the 08-12 have the welded bracket between 3 & 4 collector, which was the "improvement" - not much of an improvement. I have had both of those in my hand. What I would like to know is why 13-up have a different part number than 08-12. I would love to hold both or see both side by side to understand what is different about them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts