Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got my tonneau cover installed this weekend and I am quite happy with it. The paint matches perfectly and the thing is as durable as the truck itself. I just wish that the guy that installed it hadn't scratched up the tailgate a bit :p. Ah well, I also got the remote locking option which is pretty awesome... it now locks with the door locks - so sweet! There was one problem though - the actuator wouldn't unlock after I brought it home because of a spring that was too strong for it. They removed it and the thing works like a charm. My friends were impressed and so am I! Check out the pics...was a little dark out so they're kinda dim, I'll try and get some pics in the sunlight later this week.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Regarding your cover

Jaylaforte............that cover looks real nice!!! I am picking up my Titan SE CC tomorrow, and my wife wants to get a cover ASAP. She is unfortunately going to be the one using the truck on a daily basis, as I am an outside sales rep (lots of miles). Does the cover lock easily? Even without the remote control? Can the cover be removed quickly and easily if you need to haul a tall item? Can an average woman lift it with one hand? (the baby is in the other hand) Is it an item that can be ordered and shipped to your home for you to install yourself or do you have to buy it thru a dealer? How much did it cost you for everything? (installation, remote control, matching paint, etc.) Thanks in advance for helping me and others with this decision...... I'll see if I can get a picture of my Titan posted in the next week or so. Hilzy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hilzy-

Thanks for the compliments! As for the cover... it locks very easily with a key - I opted for the remote locking because I had a coupon that gave it to me for free. The remote locking is nice also because it's integrated with the car so I don't have to remember to lock something else when I leave the truck. The cover needs two people to remove but looks like it's a quick job. I am going to attempt to remove it this weekend (or maybe next) with my dad. The cover itself is heavy but once you lift it about two inches the hydraulics do the rest of the work for you. I would say the average woman could easily lift it up and pull it back down. The entire package installed was $810.00. I was impressed with the quality, color match and security. I think that the soft tonneau covers look great but they're just not secure enough for me (I am finishing up college and I still live on campus). I would talk to a local dealer (you can find them on www.4are.com) about self-install and for more information about removal. So far it's been an excellent cover and I think it's worth every penny! Good luck with your truck, if there's anything else you need me to answer, I will! :)

Hilzy said:
Jaylaforte............that cover looks real nice!!! I am picking up my Titan SE CC tomorrow, and my wife wants to get a cover ASAP. She is unfortunately going to be the one using the truck on a daily basis, as I am an outside sales rep (lots of miles). Does the cover lock easily? Even without the remote control? Can the cover be removed quickly and easily if you need to haul a tall item? Can an average woman lift it with one hand? (the baby is in the other hand) Is it an item that can be ordered and shipped to your home for you to install yourself or do you have to buy it thru a dealer? How much did it cost you for everything? (installation, remote control, matching paint, etc.) Thanks in advance for helping me and others with this decision...... I'll see if I can get a picture of my Titan posted in the next week or so. Hilzy

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
jaylaforte said:
Well, I got my tonneau cover installed this weekend and I am quite happy with it. The paint matches perfectly and the thing is as durable as the truck itself. I just wish that the guy that installed it hadn't scratched up the tailgate a bit :p. Ah well, I also got the remote locking option which is pretty awesome... it now locks with the door locks - so sweet! There was one problem though - the actuator wouldn't unlock after I brought it home because of a spring that was too strong for it. They removed it and the thing works like a charm. My friends were impressed and so am I! Check out the pics...was a little dark out so they're kinda dim, I'll try and get some pics in the sunlight later this week.
If you want to haul something in the bed that is tall, can you take the cover off easily?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts