Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 2" level kit on for about 8 months. I never had any problems at all.. but, within the last couple weeks I have been developing a clunking sound going over any bumps at all.
It happens worse at higher speeds. It can be anything that causes the sound, like a change in pavement height or small cracks in the road..
The clunking can be felt in the floor.
HELP please.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
You know - I've noticed that randomly happening on my 08 with just 600 miles on it. After I put it through some wear during the hunting season (pics to come!) I'll take it in to the dealership for a look-see.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had it there today. They looked at it and couldnt figure out what was wrong. I had to go back and I drove the tech around and showed him what I was experiencing. He heard it and felt. He was very cool. I explained to him about the level kit and he seemed a little worried about not getting it covered under warrentee with the spacers in there. He said I should take them out and bring it back... ! thats a pain in the ***.
What should I do?

·
Registered
674 Posts
My dealer told me the same thing.....I told him that the DEALERS install the 2.5 level kits.....so what would they do in that case?

He changed his tune then and told me that they would warranty it....I got to talking the the parts dept guy and he told me that Nissan will cover suspention parts up to a three inch lift.....after that your on your own.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
good to know - after hunting season (and many off road trails) I'm taking it in for warranty.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nissan is going to replace the front struts. Should I have them order the off road struts or the regular ones? Is one year better then another also?

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
midnightmadman said:
Nissan is going to replace the front struts. Should I have them order the off road struts or the regular ones? Is one year better then another also?
Did you get a choice while it was under warranty?

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Are my shocks shot?
If any of the following is true, your shocks might be "SHOT"....:

1. If you have more then 300 miles on the truck
2. If you've towed ANYTHING
3. If you've even THOUGHT about towing anything
4. If you've had any passengers in your truck
And finally:

5. You've driven the Titan off the dealers lot...

Your shocks are SHOT....:cheers:

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
ouch that's harsh!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
rgregory1965 said:
I got to talking the the parts dept guy and he told me that Nissan will cover suspention parts up to a three inch lift.....after that your on your own.

Hope this helps.
Now here's a dealer parts guy that has no idea what he is talking about,if it can be proven that an aftermarket part has damaged an OEM part it is "officially" not covered,Nissan has absolutely no policy on what height the lift is.If you are cool with your dealer and they are cool with you,they will probably cover it and give you the benefit of the doubt,if your suspension or anything is modified in such a way as to definetely damage your OEM parts,you are probably on your own,what is the point in replacing something at Nissan's expense if it is going to go bad again.
But remember,if you are a regular customer and treat them right they will probably treat your fairly in return,they just shouldn't be quoting things out of their a$$ that aren't true!
By chance is this a Daystar lift?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nissan Mike said:
Now here's a dealer parts guy that has no idea what he is talking about,if it can be proven that an aftermarket part has damaged an OEM part it is "officially" not covered,Nissan has absolutely no policy on what height the lift is.If you are cool with your dealer and they are cool with you,they will probably cover it and give you the benefit of the doubt,if your suspension or anything is modified in such a way as to definetely damage your OEM parts,you are probably on your own,what is the point in replacing something at Nissan's expense if it is going to go bad again.
But remember,if you are a regular customer and treat them right they will probably treat your fairly in return,they just shouldn't be quoting things out of their a$$ that aren't true!
By chance is this a Daystar lift?
Just a 2" NCD level kit.
I am still not 100% sure its the struts. But I cant find anything else that it could be.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts