Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've tried searching unless im overlooking somethings...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. And have u come across any info on brembo if they make any rotors for the Titan... I'm def in the market for both rotors and pads. And I had great experience with the hawk pads. Thanks

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Not sure if this is really relevant to to our trucks but I put EBC pads and rotors on the wifes Quest and they suck! Properly installed, they lasted around 5k miles before warping the rotors.

·
Super Moderator
160,975 Posts
I've got at least twice that on my EBC stuff, and I'm still happy with it. Not a sign of warping.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Thanks for the info. And have u come across any info on brembo if they make any rotors for the Titan... I'm def in the market for both rotors and pads. And I had great experience with the hawk pads. Thanks
The only Brembo kits I've seen for the Titan are over $4000...and that's just for the fronts. They come with the rotors and calipers, and they require 19" wheels or larger.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I'm looking for a new set as well. Are their any group-buys coming up, or discounts for forum members that anyone's aware of?

·
Premium Member
58,355 Posts
Damn near any aftermarket rotor that isn't made in China is a worth while upgrade.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I'm looking at Power Stop Cross Drilled & Slotted Rotors with Hawk pads for the front. The death wobble is driving me crazy.

I would've pulled the trigger already but my company is going through a merger tomorrow, and while my job is safe I need to see if I take a hit on my pay/bonus :bangit:

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Can't go wrong w/ some Frozen Rotor's & Hawk LTS Pad's! Greatly improved over the OEM brakes! NO "Death Wobble"!!! :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not sure what year your truck is, but I've been very happy with the Hawk LTS pads on the larger OEM 08 rotors
well i own an 09 2wd... and by larger what do u mean...

i own a nissan maxima as well... and i guess nissan never thought it throo too much but my 01 max has a 3.0 and the 02 max has a 3.5 same body style 5th gen maxima but the rotors are bigger on the 3.5... what im getting at is that the 3.0 rotors and the 3.5 rotors warped on their respectable cars.... but a simple swap of rotors from the 3.5 to the 3.0 solved the issue for alot of folks but with that came the swapping of calipers etc...

·
Super Moderator
160,975 Posts
In '08, the OEM rotors on the Titans are larger than the '07 and earlier model years. The '08 and up haven't been as prone to warping as the previous years, and Bills put Hawk pads on his OEM rotors.

The larger '08 rotors can (just like what you mention) be retro fitted to the previous years with a rotor and caliper swap as well.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just got the Stillen BIG BRAKE KIT delivered today front and back going on tomorrow 14" front 2 piece rotors looks good hope it works:confused:

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
well i own an 09 2wd... and by larger what do u mean...

i own a nissan maxima as well... and i guess nissan never thought it throo too much but my 01 max has a 3.0 and the 02 max has a 3.5 same body style 5th gen maxima but the rotors are bigger on the 3.5... what im getting at is that the 3.0 rotors and the 3.5 rotors warped on their respectable cars.... but a simple swap of rotors from the 3.5 to the 3.0 solved the issue for alot of folks but with that came the swapping of calipers etc...
Like Carbeaux said, the 08+ OEM rotors are larger than previous years. I haven't had any problems with them in 40k+ miles and I tow all the time.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Like Carbeaux said, the 08+ OEM rotors are larger than previous years. I haven't had any problems with them in 40k+ miles and I tow all the time.
Would it be safe to assume that i could buy these OEM parts from Autozone/Discount etc and the will all bolt on?

my 04's brakes are horrible and im bout to do em up, also, is it just the 08 front rotors that are bigger, or are the rears larger as well?

basically im gonna need Model Year 2008
Front Rotors
Front Brake Pads
Front Calipers

Rear Rotors
Pads
Calipers

any modifications needed on the brake lines going from the 04 to 08?

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
Would it be safe to assume that i could buy these OEM parts from Autozone/Discount etc and the will all bolt on?

my 04's brakes are horrible and im bout to do em up, also, is it just the 08 front rotors that are bigger, or are the rears larger as well?

basically im gonna need Model Year 2008
Front Rotors
Front Brake Pads
Front Calipers

Rear Rotors
Pads
Calipers

any modifications needed on the brake lines going from the 04 to 08?
I'm pretty sure the rears are the same, but for the fronts you'll need the new rotors and calipers and you need 18" or larger rims...the 08 brakes wont' fit with 17's

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm pretty sure the rears are the same, but for the fronts you'll need the new rotors and calipers and you need 18" or larger rims...the 08 brakes wont' fit with 17's
sweet, i just picked up a set of 18" Gun metal 5 spokes off an armada for $200 :)

gonna do the fronts first, as the rears are in good shape and most likely do them after christmas due to being holiday broke. lol

·
Frozen Rotors
209 Posts
We are still running a promo code of 15% off of a 2 axle set, of pads and rotors. You will have to call in the order however. We are having a software compatibility issue on our web site. It won't apply the discount at check out. We are diligently trying to get this issue resolved, but until then just call me at the '800' number below and I will manually apply the discount to your invoice's.

Thanks again for all your support.

Keith
[email protected]

1-888-323-8456/952-746-8880

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
EBC pads and Rotors on mine all 4 corners and i run the dogsh!t out of my Titan which includes hard braking. I couldn't be happier with the setup. I don't have the slightest sign of warpage and i'm pushing 30,000 since going all EBC.

Reactions: gweasel77
1 - 20 of 20 Posts