Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've took the "TANK" to two seperate dealers and they said that they haven't heard anything about the brake issue. This would be the look that follows: :huh: Is there someway I can get a copy of this TSB? Then I'll shove it in their faces and say HA! here's the problem dim wits! Seems like all service people are dumber than a box of crap when it comes to problems with new vehicles. HELLO!! its gonna happen, get with the program!!! Sorry if I offened anyone but that is just my pet -peeve, Same thing happen when I had my first year F-150. Any help on the TSB issue would be appreciated. Once again I'm sorry if I offened anyone, just on my: :soap:

·
Registered
471 Posts
my brakes aren't too bad yet, i'm just waiting for a real solution to the issue before i even bother with the J.O.'s at the dealership....

meanwhile, when i have to brake hard i just take advantage of the nice gated shifter and drop a few gears!

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Go to "www.nissanhelp.com" The TSB is there and you can print it. It is the exact same information that is e-mailed to all of the dealerships.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
ttammunek04 said:
I've took the "TANK" to two seperate dealers and they said that they haven't heard anything about the brake issue. This would be the look that follows: :huh: Is there someway I can get a copy of this TSB? Then I'll shove it in their faces and say HA! here's the problem dim wits! Seems like all service people are dumber than a box of crap when it comes to problems with new vehicles. HELLO!! its gonna happen, get with the program!!! Sorry if I offened anyone but that is just my pet -peeve, Same thing happen when I had my first year F-150. Any help on the TSB issue would be appreciated. Once again I'm sorry if I offened anyone, just on my: :soap:
Look here: Click on view Doc.

http://www.nissanhelp.com/Bulletins/Titan/2004/1.htm

·
Registered
248 Posts
Seems to me this is just a tempory fix anyway. Might be better to wait it out for a something more perm if there ever is. Maybe someting in the order of a bew rotor design or cermic pads. If they are warping due to excesive heat then maybe a cross drilled rotor would help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just bought my Titan and I have not experienced this brake problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have close to 10K on my titan & I don't know what to do on this subject. I think the warrenty runs out at 12K. mine are warped. what would you guys do? :eh:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ceansize you should take it to the dealership where you bought it and have them install a new set of rotors and brake pads before is too late. I took mine right after it happened (warped) at 3500 mi and they replace the two front rotors and brake pads.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Dont worry about the 10,000 miles. I took mine in at 15,000 and they worked on the brakes. Didnt say fixed because I have to take it back tomorrow and have them worked on again. Took a road trip to the Florida Keys this week and put an additional 3300 miles on the beast. About half way through the trip thinks started shaking again.
Do the back ones go bad to? I was sitting in the back with one of the kids driving and I felt the vibrations behind me when she hit the brakes.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Spoke with service managers at 2 local dealerships. Both said they "just turn the rotors while on the vehicle." "... no other fix comming." "... turning seems to fix the problem as those trucks have not returned."

Swap rotors for new? I don't think that's in my truck's future till next warp.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just picked my Titan up from the dealership and they turned the rotors. I asked about new brake pads since it was part of the TSB and they said, "if they do it again, then they will replace those". My biggest concern is with regards to these brakes is when you are towing a heavy load. Previously, I got used to the slack in the pedal, but I never got into a panic stop situation. If I strap my 7800lb Bobcat on the a55 end and the stoping power isn't there as a result of faulty brakes, Someone is going to get a 13000lb projectile in their rear end. I hope Nissan identifies a solution because inevitably someone is going to encounter this situation. Its one thing to have enough stopping power for the weight of the truck alone, but when you start adding towing weight, it is a whole different set of tolerences.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just scheduled my 7500 mile svc, to include the "Brake Judder" and radio issues. The svc rep was well aware of both TSB's. He confirmed that for the brake judder, they turn the rotors AND replace the pads (per the TSB). He indicated the ads were different/better than what was originally on the truck, and should fix the problem - we'll see.

·
Registered
3 Posts
re: warped rotors

I first took my Titan at 5000 miles to complain of the rotors warping. They ground them down, problem fixed. At about 12k miles took it in for synthetic oil change and to complain that I thought the rotors were warping again, although not nearly as bad as it was at 5k miles. Dealer (Earnhardt's Nissan, Mesa, Arizona) installed brand new rotors and pads, I have 15k miles, no problem. Guy at dealer told me that they were trying a new grease associated with the brakes. They are aware of this particular problem. Is this the problem that you were referring to? Very happy with dealer explanation, action, and service. Note: I bought the truck from another dealership but go to this particular since it is closer for me.

I am having a custom pushbar powdercoated, and will mount it on the truck. Will try to get pictures. The bar is totally custom hand-welded, and follows just about every contour of the bumper, grill, and headlight-foglight assembly. It weighs about 55lbs. as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
well for all you brillant guys that are interested nissan has just released a email stating they are coming out with a proper fix for the brake issue
but nobody will have the parts for a few weeks
just so you know im one of those stupid service guys you like to mouth
you know i could help you with alot of good info the dealership i run is really big on maintaining good relations in the service dept we get most of our customers due to service
maybe you should have checked the service dept out before you bought from the delaership that saved you 100 dollars on the purchase price
SERVICE AFTER THE SALE CAN MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE

·
Registered
86 Posts
Steve - I need a little help down loading the plans for the time machine so I could travel through time and check out what service department offer poor service and which ones do not. I think as an employee of Nissan and one who is the manager of the service department to come out and post what you did shows some poor judgment. You represent the company and your post really shows your commitment to good relations.

I think most of us by shopping around saved more than just $100.00. I went to my local dealer and bought a LE CC 4x4 for $5000 off sticker with the 1.9% and a few hundred dollars under Kelly Blue Book private party retail for my trade in (they also threw in a bed extender). I brought in a co-worker who also bought the same truck (he traded in his F150). I am sure it helped that I bought a Murano a few weeks earlier.

Steve I think the phone from Japan is for you, the Nissan R&D department wants to get you opinion on all of the secret fixes.

Service period can make the difference - not a poor attitude. Tell Bob I said hello!

·
Registered
20 Posts
My truck went in for the new brake TSB at 5800 miled they replaced the rotors and performed the rest of the TSB. The brakes felt better then ever. I now have 13000 miles and they are warped again. Called dealer for brake TSB again going to go in next week. So this tells me that the TSB on the brakes fixed nothing, and is only a temp fix.I have had the truck 6 months and 13000 miles and it is about to get its third set of brakes. I hope all of this talk about a real fix is true.

·
Registered
163 Posts
New Brake Fix

My dealer here in Houston told me that Nissan is issuing a permanant fix for the brakes here in the next month (end of sept.). He mentioned something about a clamp?? My truck has the 'judder' slightly right now but will wait a month to see what they can do, then they can replace my radio as well all at once. Just FYI. Thanks.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I had brake judder and my rotors were beginning to warp at 1,300 miles and 6 weeks of use. My brakes generate a lot of heat because I commute down a long hill that has 45 to 55 mph zones and traffic lights. They were repaired as per the TSB a couple weeks ago but I expect the problem to reoccurr after another 1,300 miles. The service guy told me they would probably have to change the rotors the next time, unless the permanent fix he knows the Nissan engineers are developing is available (he expected a revised TSB some time in September).

·
Registered
3 Posts
seantitan 1st of all when i find out about a proper fix for a issue i try to inform my customers and take care of them but i get tired of hearing everybody bad mouth dealers all the time yes there are some bad ones out there but there are good ones that truely try to take care of there customers
yea i mouthed off but sometimes i get tired of the dealer bashing on here
you know it goes both ways i can get you good info when you need it but
im tired of everybody that trashes there dealership
and for your info
nissan sent me the dealer net email about the brake fix but didnt supply
all the information so we (dealers) would know we had a fix coming soon
to try to wait instead of just patching vehicles that we know will have to
comeback for another repair (the idea is to have a 1 visit one fix ratio)
just a bit of info we have one of the best fixed 1st time ratings in the
region and are extremely high as far as csi (customer satisfaction rating)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts