Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
To most, thousandths of an inch isn't much, but to me it's a LOT! And there is actually a flat spot on both front tires of about 12 thousandths (.0012").
You meant .012" on the rotors right? Not tires? 12 thousands run out is a lot on the rotors...but of course you couldn't measure that on a tire :)

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
32nd street? My son was born at the Balboa Navel Hospital, his mother was a Hull Tech. Thank you for serving in the Armed Services.

I don't mean to bust your "chops", but you can't realistically measure .012" wear on a tire, the tire isn't that perfectly round when it's new, it won't even seat on the bead of the wheel that perfectly. That's why you measure the rotors, they are a machined piece, capable of holding that tight a tolerance.

I used to crew chief on a NHRA drag race team, our racing slicks didn't hold that tolerance, and our car was capable of 195+ mph in the 1/4 mile!

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
loufish, I'm also a Crew Chief on a S/C--S/G NHRA Team, Trust Me here, If SOMEONE is TRYING to measure .012 runout on a TIRE Your NEVER going to get through to them!!!!!!!! Have a NICE DAY!!!!!!!
Free education to those who will listen. :hat:

I crewed on a Comp Eliminator team, A/A...500 cubic inchs, and 5 speed Lenco. Wild ride! The owner offered me several chances to launch it, but I chickened out, no steering for the first 60-70 ft.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.