Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking into getting a titan.. are titans reliable?? within the next couple weeks im gonna be buying a titan most likely and would like to know some pros and cons.. thanks

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
95% of Titan owners are satisfied with the quality, price and performance.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
for the most part...best reliability is on the 08-up Titans. many of the problems the titans have are well known and can be avoided by doing certain mods. titan talk has all the info you would need. some of the issues they have had are rear axle leak, ipbm, cracked manifolds, etc. titans take a little getting use to but ive been pretty happy with mine. only real issues so far (knock on wood) have been a bad 02 sensor, pinion angle, cracked manifold, and now a wierd knock in my steering column over the course of 2 titans....all warranted. good luck and post pics when you pick one up

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
I'm on number 4....... not because I've had problems with them... because I love titans.... btw between my fiancee and I we've had six...

·
Registered
795 Posts
Any known problems have soluions you can do yourself to prevent them from happening. No major problems for my ride, just be sure whatever mods you do to your truck have minimal impact on its reliabilty. Overall im pleased with the Titan

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
ive never had any problems with mine (knock on wood) only thing i would change is the brakes and the shocks

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I Love My 06, never had problems with it :)

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
the titan im looking at is a 2010 crew cab grey 4x4 with 21,000 miles for 25,000
that seems like an average price (if at least an SE) but check out and see what deals they have for new ones. prob not too far off from that price. i got mine for 26k w/ 8 miles on it in early 2010.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
5 months - so far so good, got mine for 28k with 46 miles on it (20 I put on test driving it) there offering $4500 off on 2011's, try and bargain for a new one you might get closer to the 25k than you think.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
5 months - so far so good, got mine for 28k with 46 miles on it (20 I put on test driving it) there offering $4500 off on 2011's, try and bargain for a new one you might get closer to the 25k than you think.
gotta love the end of the year buys. you can still pick up a 2010 for way reduced prices new but that scares me as they have been sitting for so long.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
the only plus to the 08-up rears are the 35 splines which is awesome. back in the day 28splines were standard and 32 were an upgrade. older Ts had 32. composite or not, 35spline is retarded strong.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
TrueTrac LSD and Arb Locker is available for 2004-2007 only. If you don't get factory e-locker for 08+ you are stuck with an open diff.
I've been driving my truck in snow and ice for the past 4 months, we still have quite a bit on the ground. I've been on roads this winter that I probably shouldn't have been driving on, but I had to get home. The only time I ever even came close to having a problem with traction was driving on a row line that had about 10 inches of untracked snow, when I dropped into a low spot that had been drifted over to the point I was pushing snow with my bumper. Lost traction, put it 4 low, backed up about 2 feet and let her rip, push snow for about 6 feet and came out the other side. It may not be a true locking diff, but it works fine by my opinion.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
I've had two, both have been 04's and both have been reliable, put about 83k total miles on the two (75k on the first, 8k on this one and counting). Only issue I had on the first one was brakes and a few rattles and squeaks. Only issue I've had on current one is rattles.

·
Registered
622 Posts
2008 Titan bought new in Jan 08'. The T now has 40k on the clock and I haven't done anything to it other then routine maintenance (oil changes, tire rotation, etc). My T has the fuel gauge that reads a little weird from time to time: ie after I fill up the fuel tank it will sometimes read 3/4 tank for a few minutes before reading Full. I believe I'm about ready to do a light turn on the rotors and put on new brake pads. Over the last 5000 miles I've developed a slightly annoying brake judder when I apply moderate to hard braking. Again...routine maintenance.

My only criticism on this truck has always been the front end "clunk" that is experienced when going over even the slightest bump. My brother in law thought something was broken on the front end when we took the Titan off road. I had to reassure him that's just the way this truck has always sounded....and I've gotten used to it. The dealer has thoroughly inspected the front end and never found anything wrong with it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Absolutely love mine. This is my second. Now driving an 08 SE. Had a 06 SE 4X4 before. A few minor recalls on my 06 but nothing major. The 04-05 had issues but were mostly easy fixes.

It is a great truck and worth every penny. There are other manufacturers that are starting to come along. But they are all still competing with a truck that, pretty much, has not changed since it came out in 2004. Beat that!

·
Registered
403 Posts
I got my 2011 SV CC (49,000 KM) in May of 2013. I had a faulty power window switch and a leaking transmission seal replaced under warranty. I have to replace an O2 sensor on my own, as the coverage just ran out, but it's an easy fix. I am eagerly awaiting delivery of an AirRaid MXP CAI, which is a highly recommended mod for the Titan. I absolutely LOVE mine, she looks and runs great!

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
2008 Titan bought new in Jan 08'. The T now has 40k on the clock and I haven't done anything to it other then routine maintenance (oil changes, tire rotation, etc). My T has the fuel gauge that reads a little weird from time to time: ie after I fill up the fuel tank it will sometimes read 3/4 tank for a few minutes before reading Full.
You know, there is a recall for this...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
88 Posts
not bad... reviving a thread that hasn't had a post in almost 3 years lol... bringing back the dead! :grimrippe

1 - 20 of 20 Posts