Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I order what is advertised as a 2008 Fog Lamp Kit and upon arrival discover that the stalk looks conspicuously identical to the stalk I used on my '05 to install the fog lamp kit (i.e. is the exact same one).

I called the parts guy who informed me that the stalks appear to be different on the 04-06, the 07 and the 08 even though nissan advertises that any will work for any year. For those who don't know, the stalk on the '08 is tapered and smaller, whereas the stalk on the 04-06 appears to have a blunt end and a larger cross-sectional diameter. I don't know about the '07 stalks. So, I am shipping the whole kit back now as the analness in me does not want stalks on the left and the right that don't match.

So, for all of you thinking of ordering a kit for a 2008, you may want to wait a bit.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, I ordered another fog lamp kit with a supposed 2008 stalk from yournissanparts.com and the stalk still doesn't match the factory '08 SE switch shape and design. Again, I am not saying it wouldn't work, but it looks clearly different than the existing stalk in the truck.

Does someone have a picture of the left stalk on the 08' LE so I can compare? Otherwise, I am going to go find one sitting on a lot to see if it matches or not. Thanks.

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
Here is a pic of mine

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I will try and take a pic of the stalk I have, but basically it looks like the stalk pictured on the courtesyparts.com fog light kit except is has a little projection on top to turn the fog lights on.

If you look at the left stalk on Mychael101's pic above, you can see that it tapers from the column out, i.e. the diameter at the distal end is smaller than the diameter at the proximal end (proximal end being closest to the column).

On the switch I was sent, it has the same diameter all the way from the proximal end to the distal end. The '08 one has a higher quality look to it. Perhaps it is just the difference in switch design between a fog lamp equipped stalk and a non-fog lamp equipped stalk?

The fog lamp kit wasn't that expensive - about $158 for lamps and stalk at your nissanpart.com.

I just am too anal to have 2 switches that don't match. On my '05 when I installed the fog lamp kit the left and right stalks matched in shape after install. So maybe there was some redesign in the switches from '05 to '06 and on?

I am going to a dealer this weekend and see if the LE's (which come standard with the fog lamps) have a switch like the one sent to me or a switch similar to the standard '08 switch except for the fog light toggle on it. I will report back my findings later this weekend. Thanks to all for any input.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am going to call Brian today and see if he can check to see that a 2008 stalk was substituted in the order.

From talking with the parts guy on the first order, he indicated that Nissan said the stalk was for use in a 2008 but was not necessarily a 2008 stalk. So I wonder if the 2008 stalk is not yet available.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
BayStateSuks said:
I am going to call Brian today and see if he can check to see that a 2008 stalk was substituted in the order.

From talking with the parts guy on the first order, he indicated that Nissan said the stalk was for use in a 2008 but was not necessarily a 2008 stalk. So I wonder if the 2008 stalk is not yet available.
It's avaiable, part number 25540-CM31E

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
So here is a pic of an actual 2008 stalk that is the correct one (except it shouldn't have the auto switch as I don't have auto headlights). I did not get this one with either order despite asking for it in both.

Attachments

·
Registered
662 Posts
The one you recieved is the same as the one on my 05.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It was also the same as the one I had on my '05. It would appear that they switched the design on the '08 or maybe earlier but the kits they have still have the old stalks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i talked to Brian today, and he can no longer substitute the 08 stalk in the $172 kit anymore. Instead you now need to buy a kit for $214 that they build with the 08 stalk. Apparently they were losing money by replacing the 07 with the 08 since Nissan was charging them over $50 for the 08 stalk. Maybe Nissan will come out with a real 08 kit at some point, but who knows.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Still working on it. The issue appears to be the poorly labeled Nissan parts. There are three part numbers for the '08 stalks. Brian ordered one of them, but it was for an '08 w/ auto headlamps. He ordered the other 2 parts the other day. I received a shipment notice and am supposed to get the stalk by UPS tomorrow. I will provide everyone with the correct part no. for the '08 without auto headlamps so they can relay that info. when ordering the parts.

I do have to say that Brian at yournissanparts has been extremely helpful and would recommend them for any parts needs.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
So, I received an e-mail from Brian at yournissanparts.com, who indicated the kit for the 2008 fog lamp kit is now on yournissanparts.com under 2008/Titan Exterior (Item No. 999F1-YQEE0E). I believe the price is around $200-$215 for the lamps and the new stalk. Thanks to Brian for getting everything sorted out.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well, I ordered the 08 Kit 999F1-YQEE0E that they had on there site and would you know it they sent me an 04 kit 999F1-YQ001. Now I'm on hold trying to get the right stalk from yournissanparts.com that I paid $50 extra for.

Anyone else run into this problem recently?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts