Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The install was fairly straight forward. A few tips:

1. Cut off the 2 outer locating pins. They're not needed and drilling the holes for them in the correct locations would be difficult.

2. Fasted each end of the air dam to the corner of the bumper using the OEM screw already in place. Take the metal clip off of the spoiler. Only use this to keep the spoiler centered while you fasten the 5 center screws into the chrome section of the bumper.

3. After the center fasteners are in place remove the OEM screw holding the end of the air dam to the bumper. You'll find it actually needs to be in a slightly different location for the air dam to sit perfectly flush. I drilled a new hole and used OEM type clips and screws to then hold them in place.

4. After getting the corners in the proper location I drilled the other two holes (4 total) for each side and attached using clips/screws.
EDIT - Keep everything loose and force the corner into location so that the air dam's edge lines up with the bumper end/wheel well properly. Drill the hole and screw it in place. Then tackle the other two holes per side. I just got done re-doing mine after realizing it could be done better. My mistake was tightening down the 5 center screws before aligning/drilling the end parts. Keeping it all loose allows you to line up the spoiler much better. (pics below are not updated from fixing it... note how the air dam edge is 3/8" from the bumper end edge, that's fixed now)

5. Make sure you put the OEM screw back in the corner of the bumper because it holds the painted part to the metal backing.

Some pics...

PS - Yes I know my bumper has a dent in it. It was like that when I bought the truck and I haven't bothered to replace the bumper yet... it's on the to-do list eventually.

Reactions: bjjones74

·
Registered
14,148 Posts
Looks good. Dude i bet that dent in the chrome drives you crazy. haha

·
Registered
384 Posts
Niiiccee!!!!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good. Dude i bet that dent in the chrome drives you crazy. haha
Yeah... especially when I wash the truck and it's all shiney. I priced a new bumper from CourtesyParts and it's not too bad... about $230 if I remember. I'll probably break down and buy a new one sometime this summer. I may take it over to my buddy's body-shop and see if he can knock it out any. I used to be an insurance adjuster and we always wrote replacement on dented chrome bumpers because they cannot be repaired to pre-accident condition.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Good job, nice write up.

·
Registered
766 Posts
The air dam looks good...the dent not so much.

·
Registered
128 Posts
is this possible to do with the non chrome front bumpers?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
is this possible to do with the non chrome front bumpers?
I would assume so... just look up under yours and check if it has 5 evenly spaced holes (mine were squares). The center square has a hole adjacent to it for the center locating pin on the air dam (so 6 holes total).

The squares are to install automotive screw clips like this...

I had a bunch left over from building my racecar as I saved all of the ones I removed when taking out all of the interior. Some of the threads I read on here suggested using nuts/bolts, but IMO having to reach up behind the spoiler and hold a bolt still would just add work to all of it. The screw clips exist for a reason and are how it's installed on an armada.

·
Registered
766 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Looks good man! It gives the truck a more finished look IMO.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
where did you get yours and for how much if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
I did mine too but after a few years I removed it
the front dam is about $35 from the dealer, its one of the cheapest mods you can do

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got mine for $46 from the dealer.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
looks pretty good man I just did mine too last week mine went right up very easy installation. I painted mine tho

2011-02-22 17.55.51.jpg

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yup...

This is before I bedlined it of course.
Interesting that yours lines up with the edges of the bumper perfectly; mine wouldn't. It's symmetrical side to side, but as you can see it's not 100% flush with the edges of the painted parts. Wonder what's different.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Interesting that yours lines up with the edges of the bumper perfectly; mine wouldn't. It's symmetrical side to side, but as you can see it's not 100% flush with the edges of the painted parts. Wonder what's different.
I remember reading somewhere that the air dam changed in 08 when Nissan did the face lift. So maybe you got an older air dam that doesn't fit as well. Just a thought.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Any MPG gain?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I remember reading somewhere that the air dam changed in 08 when Nissan did the face lift. So maybe you got an older air dam that doesn't fit as well. Just a thought.
Actually I just got in from the garage re-doing it. I looked at a bunch of pics on here and all of them had the air dam lined up with the edges of the bumper.

I loosened all the screws and removed the 3 I had put in each of the painted end caps. Then I forced the corner in place and marked and drilled that hole. Once I had the corners/edges in place I adjusted the other 2 drilled holes on each painted end, then tightened everything up.

My mistake today was tightening down the center 5 screws before moving on to the drilling/screwing the ends. Fits much better now. Yeah there's a few extra holes in the plastic end caps, but they're all covered by the air dam anyway.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Any MPG gain?
Too early to tell.... I just installed it today. Some on here have said they got 1 mpg better highway, others said it simply provides a more planted feel at speed. We'll see, but I'm not holding my breath.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts