Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, as promised, here an update on my test drive of the powerstroke. For those of you who didn't read the original post, the dealer knew there was no way he could talk me into buying an F-150 over a Titan, so he thought I would like the new powerstroke, thus an apples to oranges comparison ensued.

I was actually impressed with the Powerstroke. The back seats are up higher, so they were more comfy. It had plenty of power, and quite frankly, I felt like I was at the helm of a land yacht! I happen to like the feel of driving a monstrous vehicle.

The Titan still feels like a hotrod compared to it. If we lived in a Titanless world, I would have to give this truck serious consideration. It comes with a 7 year 100k powertrain warranty, which I understand, would be utilized quite often. The best part of my test drive, is that Nissan did bring the Titan to us and I don't have to consider the F-250. Verdict: While a nice truck, it is overkill for my needs, and there still isn't a truck that with the grin factor of the Titan.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The F-250 was my only other choice in my price range. I too wanted the diesel but after seeing the Titan and hearing nothing but good things about Nissan's reliability, the decsion was made for me.

·
Registered
497 Posts
oh yea!!! no one here wants a crapmobile lol gr8 decision. :teethmast

·
Registered
662 Posts
Thanks for the update Chuh. Glad you are making the right decision for your needs. You will be very happy with the Titan.

·
Registered
152 Posts
ChuhBaca said:
....The best part of my test drive, is that Nissan did bring the Titan to us and I don't have to consider the F-250. Verdict: While a nice truck, it is overkill for my needs, and there still isn't a truck that with the grin factor of the Titan.
Chuh: I'm glad to see you use the term "Grin Factor". That is the same exact phrase I used in decsribing my Titan test drive to my girlfriend....the Titan was all about the Grin Factor while my other choices (the F-250 and the Tundra DC) while very nice, just didn't deliver in that area. It was funny when my gf later tried to remember what that phrase I had used was. She said, "you like the other vehicles but they didn't give you the...uh, what did you call it....uh.....Happy Driving Feeling??" I just busted out laughing and almost pissed myself......she sounded like she was trying to do some poor translation of the term "Grin Factor" and all she could come up with was "Happy Driving Feeling".

But you are correct, when the harder you press the long verticle pedal on the far right in the Titan, the more you grin.....they are directly proportional!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Happy Driving Feeling
Hahaha, the Grin Factor is while you are still in the vehicle, whereas the Happy Driving Feeling is what you feel once you've reached your destination and exited the vehicle. At least that't the way it works for me. :upsidedow

·
Registered
3 Posts
"It comes with a 7 year 100k powertrain warranty, which I understand, would be utilized quite often."

With my 7.3L F350 the powertrain warranty was a joke, the powertrain itself - the International engine and ZF transmission have been bulletproof easily lasting 100k with no problems(with proper maintenance). It's the parts outside of the powertrain that break down - a few of my most recent examples : clutch(bad design), fuel warmer(bad design, very very cheap), alternator(cheap), ball joints(no zerk joints, bad design, cheap), master/slave cylinder(very cheap, bad design), brakes(bad design?).

If the parts surrounding the heavy duty engine and transmission were also heavy duty I probably wouldn't have any complaints.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts