Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys. Who has all tools needed to put on leveling kit and has nothing better to do Saturday afternoon??? If ur in OKC and want to help a fellow T out, let me know. Thanks!

Sent from Goree's iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
267 Posts
Not sure if you already got this sucker installed already, but the job doesn't require special tools (Unless you rent the compressers vs having a shop do it). It's your basic handtools. IIRC, 19MM was the biggest size that you need. And be sure to have a grease gun handy if you are swapping UCA's.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a buddy that is going to assist, just have to find time now. He has a compressor, so shouldnt b too bad. Plus I'm only doing 2" blocks under the front to level it. The throw some spacers on and add 33's. Have to wait to wear out factory tires first, shouldn't take long. Thanks for the reply though.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Compressor?? What kinda compressor?

·
Premium Member
58,769 Posts
You don't need a spring compressor to install a leveling kit. However an air compressor and air tools makes the job a lot easier.

·
Super Moderator
161,885 Posts
Compressor?? What kinda compressor?
Ditto this question. If it's an air compressor to run air wrenches, fine. But if it's a spring compressor, you're doing it wrong. :lol:

·
Premium Member
58,769 Posts
You don't need a spring compressor to install a leveling kit. However an air compressor and air tools makes the job a lot easier.
Ditto this question. If it's an air compressor to run air wrenches, fine. But if it's a spring compressor, you're doing it wrong. :lol:
Twin sons.

Reactions: Carbeaux

·
Registered
38 Posts
I spent this past sunday putting on the PRG 1.5" kit. Installing the leveling kit was easy however since my '05 had the original struts I decided to swap those out. Had to rent the strut compressor from the parts store. I have to say that my truck looks much better than it did before. Well worth the work.

To answer your question, no special tools required. Now I just need some advice on strengthening the rear end :)

Sent from my A500 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
267 Posts
My bad! :teeth:

For some reason I thought you were also swapping out the suspension as well.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My bad! :teeth:

For some reason I thought you were also swapping out the suspension as well.
It's all good, u gave a response. :)
Plan on putting it in on friday. Wish me luck. Any problems with just adding a 2" leveling kit and not upgrading anything else?

·
Premium Member
58,769 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
It's all good, u gave a response. :)
Plan on putting it in on friday. Wish me luck. Any problems with just adding a 2" leveling kit and not upgrading anything else?

Yeh of course....you'll have to sit there and come to terms with the fact that you only upgraded ONE THING!!...trust me I suffered from that once...lol!!

·
Registered
6,182 Posts

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
goree, you still planning to do this Friday?

I would agree, you need the 1.5.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Already purchased 2" :( I guess i will install it and give it a run. If i put a .5" block in the back, would that help? or does anybody want to trade a 1.5" for 2"? I was told you could do 2" on 4x4 & 3" on 2WD without having to do anything but add spacers. Is this incorrect?

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
You should be fine Josh just know that 2in. Is a 4wd's max before you get CB contact..and idk if u do offroading or not but u should be fine with city driving IMO...I doubt you'll be hitting a lotta whoops and trails in the city...lol!

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Already purchased 2" :( I guess i will install it and give it a run. If i put a .5" block in the back, would that help? or does anybody want to trade a 1.5" for 2"? I was told you could do 2" on 4x4 & 3" on 2WD without having to do anything but add spacers. Is this incorrect?
Rear block won't help. for the older model Titans 2" for 4x4 and 2.5" for the 2wd, but for newer models, 08+, it's 1.5" for 4x4, and 2" for 2wd. You might be able to grind away enough of the coil bucket lip to clear ... look for the mark from the UCA, grind a U with a Dremel tool etc. spray paint, drive, look for new mark, repeat.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts