Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can not for the life of me figure this out and searched to find nothing. Once I get a certain speed, it turns on, this noise. If I drop 1-3 mph it stops immediately. It is a fast buzz/rattle that gets loud the faster you go over 65. So loud that it's freakin annoying. It's hard to explain the sound, but it's like a rock on a tire that is going fast making that clicking noise just about 20x louder in my truck near the middle of the dash area. It just started to do this for no reason.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have a rattle like this and i found a broke clip on my wiper cowl and the wind make them rattle together. Very annoying I looked all over the dash before I found this outside.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found the seal around the engine bay on top of the cowl, little white clips, two of then loose. I tried to pop them both back in and they wouldn't stay. I was able to finally get one to stay, the other just wouldn't and they weren't broken either. So I got a small tie strap for now and tied the cowl tight in the center and got the snap to go in the hole as well for the seal so it's all tight till I figure out what to do with it. Not sure how that got broken on it;s own only after 2500 miles.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I found the seal around the engine bay on top of the cowl, little white clips, two of then loose. I tried to pop them both back in and they wouldn't stay. I was able to finally get one to stay, the other just wouldn't and they weren't broken either. So I got a small tie strap for now and tied the cowl tight in the center and got the snap to go in the hole as well for the seal so it's all tight till I figure out what to do with it. Not sure how that got broken on it;s own only after 2500 miles.
Has this cured your problem with the buzzing sound at highway speeds? I have the same issue, I had read a while back that one guy said he removed the cowl, bent the clips up a bit and put some kind of spacer on the clip to prevent the cowl from "sagging" which cured the noise issue for him. I have not tried anything on mine yet, just been turning the radio up, but I think I will look into it soon because it is extremely annyoing. For the longest time I thought it was my bug deflector hitting the hood and reverberating up to the bottom of the windshield until I saw the post from someone else about the cowl being loose.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Has this cured your problem with the buzzing sound at highway speeds? I have the same issue, I had read a while back that one guy said he removed the cowl, bent the clips up a bit and put some kind of spacer on the clip to prevent the cowl from "sagging" which cured the noise issue for him. I have not tried anything on mine yet, just been turning the radio up, but I think I will look into it soon because it is extremely annyoing. For the longest time I thought it was my bug deflector hitting the hood and reverberating up to the bottom of the windshield until I saw the post from someone else about the cowl being loose.
Haven't touched a highway yet so not sure. I hopefully will over the next few days and will let you know.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pop your bug shield off, some say thats what it is. I have the same buzz, but it doesnt bother me much.
I don't think it's the shield. I have had it for a while and this just started.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got on the highway a little while ago, got it up to 80 to see if the sound was there. It was quiet. So doing what I did resolved it for now. Time to get to the dealer to ask them what to do to fix it.

Reactions: Titan-ization

·
Registered
942 Posts
Appreciate the update, need to look into fixing mine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My overhead lights in the roof console were rattling very fast like what your describing so whenever they rattle I just touch them and they stop rattling.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts