1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
Thank you. Not sure if it's been done either, but i'm saving this one in my profile.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I used an old gal. oil container that had qt. markings on the side. Yours is more precise. Good job.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I am sure this has been covered, but here is my version when I did mine. I am a member at Club Armada and just copied my post from there to save some typing. It is the same procedure for titans.

ATF Drain and Fill Pics. - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
The 5.3 quart pitcher with pre-marked increments is a great idea. Truly the worst part of the job was filling the gallon milk jugs with water from a measuring cup to mark increments, (although it only take a few minutes, it adds to the procrastination factor).

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Great idea to make it easier.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Did you put stock transmission fluid back in or synthetic? If synthetic, what type.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
subscribing.........

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you put stock transmission fluid back in or synthetic? If synthetic, what type.
I use Amsoil ATF. It is synthetic also.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone
Scott

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
so how can I measure and fill after a nice good leak sprung?

get to operating temp and check while running?

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
This thread is over a year old.
Operating temp while in park. When you take the dipstick out you have to rotate the dipstick so the bolt tab is opposite of it normal position then insert it back in & pull out and check the level.

Reactions: Hawaiianbasshead

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did a drain fill, run for 5 minutes through the gears then another drain and fill.
I used AMSOIL Universal ATF.
After a month I experienced shift lag and was concerned that not using JMatic fluid was causing a problem. I discovered that I had a transmission cooler hose that was experiencing a slow leak. I had the hose replaced, refilled with AMSOIL and have not had any problems.:read:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts