Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have a picture of how to attatch the bed extender and where can i buy the pieces to attatch it? i looked on nissan site but i could only find the entire set up with the extender. i have the black loops in the bed of my truck, just not the piece to attatch to that. im not even sure if thats what those loops are used for. im lost.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't think the loops have anything to do with the bed extender installation. There are brackets built in to the tie down side rails on my rig. The extender then clips in to the tailgate with the nylon straps. I suggest going to a dealership to get them to see what you need.

·
Registered
38 Posts
those loops do kinda play a role if you dont have the rail system. the brackets to attach the bed extender, are bolted on behind those loops on the back side of the bedliner(if you have one) im at work right now so dont have any pics but i can get some on lunch if you need. Hope that kinda makes sense without seeing the pics.. :)

·
Premium Member
15,691 Posts
here are the brackets for the utilitrack.

here are the brackets used when you do not have utilitrack. these mount where the little loops are you are talking about, and hold the extender.

you can see the sliding brakcet here, and the loop you were refering to. the non sliding bracket attaches where the loop is, and holds the extender just like the slider bracket does.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so when the tailgate is down the nylon straps are used. i need to go buy the triangular pieces.

is there a way i can tell if the extender is slideable? or does the bracket decide that. it looks alot like the one in beasons picture, but its not the same one. I do have the utilirack. ill just go to a stealership and see if i can buy the brackets.

·
Premium Member
15,691 Posts
The extenders are all the same. The brackets are different. The straps are used to strap the extender to the tailgate so it didn't flop around on bumps.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya i saw the straps in the pic u posted. The guy i bought the extender from has the sliding pieces he just needs to try to get them off. he said 1 was stuck. thanks for the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts