Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My name is Gary King...son of the original CaliforniaTitan, Christopher...I come to you now 4 years after his death asking for all memories you have of my dad to be posted wether it be old posts...argument...fun times hanging out with him...shows you attended with him or in his honor...or anything else you can think of...please don't bash my father

for those of you who didn't know him:
CaliforniaTitan was a great man who spent 22 years in the NAVY and when he died was married to Krista (my stepmother). He commited suicide about 4 years ago in february and he has been dearly missed...he was a part of the Z car club of inland valley california and used to be a moderator on this site.

I hope you all remember him well and thank you in advance for your posts

if anything if you are just stopping in bump the topic for me...i can't get on much and would like to keep this going

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I want this thread to go well since it is involving my father so i will start off with something that some of you probably know about since some of you were involved:

I remember when me and my dad were a part of the z car club and my dad convinced them to open up a new grouping in the car show for an award involving nissan titans...we went to the car show (I worked it by organizing and telling the cars and trucks where to go) and all of a sudden a titan drives up with an infinity symbol on the front of it and we all had a good laugh about it...we had 9 trucks show up at the first one involving that

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just bumping the topic...hopefully this works well

·
Registered
954 Posts
Sorry too. I didn't know him either. That was pretty early in this forums history...

Reactions: CaliforniaTitanJR

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that about Chris...I searched him on the forums (since I didn't know him) and spent some time reading his old posts, and getting to know his forum personality. Seems like a great guy, I wish I could have had the chance to meet him.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sorry to hear that about Chris...I searched him on the forums (since I didn't know him) and spent some time reading his old posts, and getting to know his forum personality. Seems like a great guy, I wish I could have had the chance to meet him.
my dad was definately a great man...and he loved this site...he was always on it...I'm sure he would have loved to meet you too

·
Registered
933 Posts
Hey, I don't post here much anymore but I still try to check in at least every couple of weeks. I bought a first year Titan after doing lots of research. Your dad was very enthusiastic about his truck and about Nissan's in general.

Always seemed like a really good dude. Wish I would have had the chance to meet him.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey, I don't post here much anymore but I still try to check in at least every couple of weeks. I bought a first year Titan after doing lots of research. Your dad was very enthusiastic about his truck and about Nissan's in general.

Always seemed like a really good dude. Wish I would have had the chance to meet him.
yeah he loved that truck and was willing to tell anyone that it was a great truck...*laughs* he always had me wash it every time I saw him and I never minded it...and when it came to the Z I loved it too...I share his same enthusiasm and alot of people say me and him not only look alike but we act alike too...I hope to soon get back in touch with the car club and try to get in on their shows again...also I'm gonna be around this site a bit too

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I remember your dad being on here being very active - I don't specifically remember anything he and I might have commented on but there are 20 pages of threads where his name pops up when you search for his name.

He was one of the guys on here early on where I'm sure his input was part of what I used to make my decision to buy a Titan.

Sorry to hear about the circumstances around his passing...I had heard he passed but didn't know how.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I remember your dad being on here being very active - I don't specifically remember anything he and I might have commented on but there are 20 pages of threads where his name pops up when you search for his name.

He was one of the guys on here early on where I'm sure his input was part of what I used to make my decision to buy a Titan.

Sorry to hear about the circumstances around his passing...I had heard he passed but didn't know how.
thank you so much for your post...it's you and others that keep his memory alive...again thank you

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you guys are rocking this thank you so much for your posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am going to get off the computer for now but please guys bump this thread and keep it alive...I'll prolly be back on later tonight and again thank you to everyone for their support in this matter

·
Super Moderator
35,628 Posts
Your Father meant a lot to me. He was one of the first owners of the new Titan and his discoveries saved me and many others big problems down the road.

He was a big factor that helped me become a moderator on this site and through his help, guidance and kindness he helped make this site as successful as it is today.

We were shocked when we learned of his death and all of us had no sense that he was having troubles. He kept it well hidden from us and was always pleasant, thoughtful and kind even when people really didn't deserve it.

All of us who knew him, even if only through this Titan site, miss him greatly.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts