Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went there earlier hoping to get my clarion max765vd head unit installed. I called them in advance to make sure they had the parts needed to do the install. The guy on the phone said "Yeah, we got everything, come on in!" So i'm all excited and head down there. Now when I get there i notice the installers walking around carrying the wrong dash kit. I stop them and tell them thats the wrong one for my truck, the installer says he knows. I come back to the front and ask the dude what the status is and he lies and tells me everything is fine. He doesnt know I went to the back and talked to the installers.
Oh well, he probably just doesn't want me to leave and have another shop do the install. I didn't care since i was there anyways. After about 2 hrs and 30 mins, i walk back there again and ask what the status is the say it's almost done.
5 mins later the guy from the front desk comes over carrying my head unit with a crack in my screen. I was thinking WTF????????!!!!!!!!! He says the installer dropped it and they will replace my screen which i won't get til next week at the earliest. How do u know that it's just the screen thats messed up after u dropped it? He says clarion will take care of it.
So i wasted 3 hours of waiting for nothing and they expect me to come back to them and pay them.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know. now i gotta wait for like 2 more weeks. he kept saying it was an honest mistake. who cares! you still broke my screen. what if i buy a bunch of stuff at the store and get it installed, and tell them i' m broke. honest mistake. just take everything off.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
fherjohn said:
I went there earlier hoping to get my clarion max765vd head unit installed. I called them in advance to make sure they had the parts needed to do the install. The guy on the phone said "Yeah, we got everything, come on in!" So i'm all excited and head down there. Now when I get there i notice the installers walking around carrying the wrong dash kit. I stop them and tell them thats the wrong one for my truck, the installer says he knows. I come back to the front and ask the dude what the status is and he lies and tells me everything is fine. He doesnt know I went to the back and talked to the installers.
Oh well, he probably just doesn't want me to leave and have another shop do the install. I didn't care since i was there anyways. After about 2 hrs and 30 mins, i walk back there again and ask what the status is the say it's almost done.
5 mins later the guy from the front desk comes over carrying my head unit with a crack in my screen. I was thinking WTF????????!!!!!!!!! He says the installer dropped it and they will replace my screen which i won't get til next week at the earliest. How do u know that it's just the screen thats messed up after u dropped it? He says clarion will take care of it.
So i wasted 3 hours of waiting for nothing and they expect me to come back to them and pay them.

Those guys wanted to charge me $780 Bucks to install my system.. they said that it was too hard to rewire my OEM RF HD with two amps... I ended up doing everything my self...... spent about $90 bucks in wiring and the oem stereo adapter.... also got a quote from stereo warehouse ..... but to be honest I dont trust those guys.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Thats why I do all my own work...

·
Registered
321 Posts
I know it's a bit of a drive from CV....but I used Tweeter in La Mesa. Excellent work. Fast, too.

They installed two amps, a capacator, and my head unit (all the stuff stolen from me....****ing theives) in my SRT and had it all wired up to my existing system in about 1 1/2 hours.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
master_1011 said:
I know it's a bit of a drive from CV....but I used Tweeter in La Mesa. Excellent work. Fast, too.

They installed two amps, a capacator, and my head unit (all the stuff stolen from me....****ing theives) in my SRT and had it all wired up to my existing system in about 1 1/2 hours.
i thought tweeter went out of business since several of their stores up here in north county closed.

·
Registered
321 Posts
hooligan said:
i thought tweeter went out of business since several of their stores up here in north county closed.
Theres still a couple down here...well....in the city, anyways. The only one down here in CV closed too.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah the tweeter on east h st closed down already. they are pricey though. on my g35 my buddy did the install but he is pricey too and i wanted to save a couple bucks. lesson learned i guess. oh well. still waiting on my headunit.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Dude that sucks. I've never trusted them or Stereo Warehouse. I've used Stereo warehouse before and they suck and wasnt impressed with the install they did on my friends F150. Goodguys on H used to do a good job but i think they closed down.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
finally got my head unit back. they gave me a new one instead and installed it for free. the owner said he was embarrased and hooked me up. he's a real cool guy and i'm a forgiving person. they really just need new installers because they are the one's messing up their name.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts