Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am not an audiophile or anything close but i am unhappy with my rf system in my 07 cc. i would like to replace all of my door speakers and sub. i don't have the money to get a new hu or amp. can someone just tell me what speakers to buy?? i am getting confused with the 2 ohm/4 ohm, 6x9/6.5 stuff. i just want my classic rock to sound better then stock with a real subwoofer so when mel schacher plucks his bass i can feel it. i do not need the best equipment and i would like to leave an opening to add an amp and get a new hu in the future without having to replace anything i buy now. also would like to have a sub that is not visible or in the way of feet etc.

i hope this is not too much to ask. :dunno:

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
5,015 Posts
bestatchess said:
You can't drive a "real" sub w/o a "real" amp.

Dude i just realized what yoda is holding. LMFAO damn that funny. sorry .

You will need to add a sub and amp. a single ten will do it and a nice 200 watt amp. hit me and i can give you price on that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Also, Consider changing the factory head unit before you change the factory speakers. Running an aftermarket headunit through the factory RF system changes the way the system sounds entirely. It's truly a night and day difference. If after, you feel you need more low and, then add a sub and amp. I'd hate to see you spend all that money on new speakers and not be happy with the sound. Most aftermarket speakers need more power to get best effect. And I don't feel the RF amp is big enough to power new aftermarket speakers.

·
Banned
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea, people seem to really be down on the hu. if i get a new one will i lose the climate control lcd and the steering wheel controls? those are two thing i want to keep.

Djmacd said:
Also, Consider changing the factory head unit before you change the factory speakers. Running an aftermarket headunit through the factory RF system changes the way the system sounds entirely. It's truly a night and day difference. If after, you feel you need more low and, then add a sub and amp. I'd hate to see you spend all that money on new speakers and not be happy with the sound. Most aftermarket speakers need more power to get best effect. And I don't feel the RF amp is big enough to power new aftermarket speakers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts