Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ran a search but couldnt find anything about this. I emailed Nissan and they told me to ask a dealer, I asked a dealer and they told me to ask Nissan :huh: ...So now I ask yall....what are the specs on the base(not the RF) audio system? like...the rms wattage, ohms, frequency response and sensitivity of the speakers. I dont know if this info is out yet, but maybe one of the dealers on the forum would know...
Reason I'm asking is because i want to swap my alpine cda 7893 from my car to the truck.

It has an internal amplifier that outptuts 27 watts rms, and if thats not too much for the stock speakers and if it doesnt sound just like poo, then i'll hold off on replacing them for awhile
anyway, i hope someone can help me out :bye:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Your main problem is going to be finding a place in the dash for it.

The radio is behind the dash with a custom designed dash that has the radio built into the entire thing. Not an easy remove, you would have to redesign the whole center of the dash.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Doghouse,
I believe you are right about needing a new dash part to accomodate a new audio player. For those who are older, it reminds me of the old Chevy Citations that used a non standard cassette that was vertical to save space. Whenever you put an aftermarket sound system in it all the numbers and letters were sideways. Very few aftermarket manufacturers made a unit with the letters and numbers oriented in the right way. The Titan limits you in a different way but nevertheless aggrevating. Unless something happens with the dash it looks like Titan owners will have few if any options. I opted not to get the RF because I want DVD, MP3 , satellite capability, and a whole bunch of other stuff from an aftermarketer.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I put a Sony system with remote in my Tacoma and boy did that thing sound great. I took it out when I sold the truck and wish I had its sound variations (vocal, rock, theater, etc.) on the Titan. Also, some others have noted that they have had trouble with reception. Has anyone seemed to notice that at times the radio(sounds) monotone (it sometimes sounds like you are listening to an AM station) at times while listening to the radio ? I thought it might just be my ears but I have asked my wife when it has happened and she noticed it as well.

·
Registered
473 Posts
that happens when you loose sterio. (no ST) on the display. That is part of what we are talking about. Call Nissan 1800Nissan1 and complain please.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I sure will Doghouse, I've been trying to make sure it wasn't just me. I love true stereo sound and wasn't too happy with RF radio although the CD sounds great. I would still like the sound variation feature.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts