Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my bro in law is movin, and gave me a alpine e10 he had from when we re did his system in his car. So i wanna put this in my truck sometime. I have the rockford fosgate system, with the sub under the seat. Can i run this alpine sub with my stock amp? or do i need a new amp. also i wanna do this without fubar'ing my stock system up. whats first to do? besides get a box for it.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
I would get an amp that can drive 250 watts RMS into 4 ohms. Stock RF system uses 2 ohm speakers and a pretty lame amp. I don't think it will do much with that sub.

·
Registered
14,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so a new amp will power both subs and hit pretty good? i think the stock system hits great and i dont wanna screw that up lol.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Get rid of the OEM sub. Mount the new amp there, and call it a day :D

·
Registered
14,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So dont put the new sub in the back somewhere?

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Hit up tech for an underseat box, for the back. That's where I'd put it. And put the new amp under either seat

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
If retained, continue to power oem sub from oem amp. Put new sub in box of appropriate volume under rear seat and power from new amp.

The only reason you perceive the oem sub as hitting hard is because they mount it under the driver's seat to create that effect. You will probably want to disconnect it after you hear a decent sub powered by a decent amp.

·
Registered
14,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sweet thanks guys. ya i was thinkin about askin tech.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I can help and im local. PM me if you want a hook up!

·
Registered
14,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Yeah 07 is building me a box and helping with the install. He knows his sh$t ..

·
Registered
14,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I"ll have to hit him up and check prices with him. Local ftw.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts