Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wanting to know thoughts on the pioneer avic x930bt head unit? also what size is the door speakers in the titan (front and rears)? i read 6x9 front's and 6.5 rears? what is the BEST speakers to run for vocals? polk, kappa, alpine type r, clarion, boston acoustics? i have 2 10jlw6's in a custom built and ported box, so i have all the bass i want. about to pick up a kicker dx 1000 amp for my subs. now i want clarity and vocals without distortion. the stock speakers in my 2011 have a LOT of distortion. also i have the factor 6disc in dash with bluetooth. i love the bluetooth cause it have excellent noise cancellation, and picks up voice really well. so my question on that is, if i change head units, can i wire the stock mic into the new bluetooth and it work as good or does it have to do with the head unit itself? i have had bluetooth radios in the past and they dont pick up or cancel noise worth a crap. also i want it to have steering wheel control capabilities.

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump......

·
Registered
506 Posts
i was wanting to know thoughts on the pioneer avic x930bt head unit? also what size is the door speakers in the titan (front and rears)? i read 6x9 front's and 6.5 rears? what is the BEST speakers to run for vocals? polk, kappa, alpine type r, clarion, boston acoustics? i have 2 10jlw6's in a custom built and ported box, so i have all the bass i want. about to pick up a kicker dx 1000 amp for my subs. now i want clarity and vocals without distortion. the stock speakers in my 2011 have a LOT of distortion. also i have the factor 6disc in dash with bluetooth. i love the bluetooth cause it have excellent noise cancellation, and picks up voice really well. so my question on that is, if i change head units, can i wire the stock mic into the new bluetooth and it work as good or does it have to do with the head unit itself? i have had bluetooth radios in the past and they dont pick up or cancel noise worth a crap. also i want it to have steering wheel control capabilities.
You're right on the door speakers, I'm a pioneer man when it comes to speakers and I'll get the 5 way 6x9s, and for the back IF they have it get 3 way for the back. For head units I only use pioneer, kenwood, or alpine for in dash units. BUT remember this is my opinion. In my caprice I had years ago I had four 5 way pioneer 6x9s across the back dash with two 2 way 4 1/2s in the front and two tweeters on a alpine v12, and with four 12 inch 1000 watt premier pioneer subs on a sentarion 40, you probably never heard of that amp but the more speakers, the more amps and I had it bridged to 2 ohms and picked up every beat, and talk about hearing every vocals and sound!!!! You heard me coming a mile away with the windows down or up!!!!

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was doing some research and alot of people say 5ways or not good at all. to either go 2way or 3way. i dont care for the door speakers to have much bass if any at all honestly.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Yeah some people have their own opinions, but I was satisfied with them. 3 ways were always the best.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I am convinced that round speakers are more accurate than oval. Therefore, I am puting Alpine Type-R 6 1/2 inch 2-ways in the back, and Type-R 6 1/2 inch separates in the front. I like the sound of the 2011 Type-R's best after listening to dozens of options in several stereo shops.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Focal speakers are the best for your doors. Period. BA and Polk make great speakers also.

Reactions: Warp09

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bump..................

·
Registered
979 Posts
For the steering wheel control google pac swi jack. My kenwood bt742 has great pick up and nc for the bt phoning. I have kicker speakers and love um

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the avic has steering wheel control capabilities

1 - 10 of 10 Posts