Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been reading all the posts about what everyone is putting in their truck. I'm debating between the alpine SPX-177R or RF T162S seperates in the front and alpine SPR-17S or RF P162S seperates in the rear for fill in. Also deciding on an Alpine PDX 4.100 or RF T400-4 to run them and a PDX 1.600 or an RF T1000 1bd to run 1 RF 10". My head unit I plan on getting is the Alpine IVA-W200, so what do you guys think? Any info. would be helpful. I know lots of you buy from tech12v (quality guy), but I'm not going to install anything myself, so I decided to go to a reputable authorized dealer close to the house.:cheers: BTW I have an 07 CC SE non RF.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
It sounds like the dealer sells Alpine and RF! I know you said you dont want to do it yourself but its really a lot easier than people think and it will save you a ton of money too! Of what you mentioned I dont like either RF or ALpine for comps but if I had to choose probably the Alpines. As far as amps, the new PDX amps are nice and small and very efficient. The RF amps arent as bulletproof as they used to be.

The other problem with Alpine and RF is they are big money for what you get. You can get better quality for less money from some of the smaller brands out there. (CDT Audio, Sundown, Memphis, etc)

Dont be afraid to ask more questions!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
t22a80 said:
Dont be afraid to ask more questions!
Thanks

And yes, they're alpine and RF dealer. Also sell a few other lines, but I'm looking for quality, value and a great install with support, i.e. warranty. I'm gonna do some more homework.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Titanequipped said:
Thanks

And yes, they're alpine and RF dealer. Also sell a few other lines, but I'm looking for quality, value and a great install with support, i.e. warranty. I'm gonna do some more homework.
Well to be honest, the quality of the RF stuff has really gone down hill the last 5 or so years and its expensive. As far as Alpine, I think the headunits are ok but the amps and speakers are big money for what you get so I dont think there is much value there. A lot of brands have great warranty support if you buy them from the right dealers.

Where are you located?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in So. Cal., so there are stereo shops on every corner. I'm just tired of going in to the ones that call me "my friend" and " I'll GIVE YOU great deal", will do it right now. And don't even say what I'm getting!:hahano: I wish Tech 12V was closer, I'd drive over and have him put in a system. He's got great respect in this forum....

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Well maybe you could hook up with P-dizzle, he is in AZ. Check out the install he just did for another member, its very nice.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,981 Posts
Titanequipped said:
I'm in So. Cal., so there are stereo shops on every corner. I'm just tired of going in to the ones that call me "my friend" and " I'll GIVE YOU great deal", will do it right now. And don't even say what I'm getting!:hahano: I wish Tech 12V was closer, I'd drive over and have him put in a system. He's got great respect in this forum....

P-Dizzle is in Phoenix. Memphis makes great components. You can build a good system using just about any brand you want and most people can't tell the difference in components. I have built a few Alpine demos and have never been impressed with any of their speakers or amps for that matter. Rockford speakers are not that good either. I would look for a Memphis dealer in your area. All of their products are well worth the price even at retail.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can build a good system using just about any brand you want and most people can't tell the difference in components.

Thanks for all the info guys. And P I'm siding with you, I've been looking for about a week at all the different speakers, amps, HU etc. I can't tell much of a difference other that the high's in the tweeters. I'm looking for clean sound at a reasonable price. My problem is that when I start doing research on something, I always take it too far. It's my compulsion :ugh:

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
utt ohh... another compulsive... well no matter what you buy now it probably wont be the last if this is your first real system. Its very addictive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts