Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I know zero, zilch when it comes to audio so hopefully I'm doing this right. I'm curious to upgrade my stock system. I have a 2005 SE Crew Cab without the rockford upgrade, just the basic stereo and unit. I'm wanting to upgrade to something simple and easy. Just want a bit better or louder sound and a bit better bass over stock. I was looking into this unit and the 2 sets of speakers. Now of course I will not be installing this myself but I wanted to know if this was all I needed to take to a shop to get done. I don't need anything crazy or major just want something better than stock. Appreciate all the help guys.

Unit Itself:
JVC KW-R920BTS CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

Speakers:
JVC CS-DR620 6-1/2" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield.com

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just off the top of my head, you will need the wire harness, steering wheel control, and an antenna adapter. No aftermarket head unit will just wire up the same. They make an adapter wire harness. The steering wheel control module if you want to be able to use any of that. May need the adapter for the speakers for the doors. I think the fronts w/o the Fosgate are still 6X9's. Also, you'll need the dash kit. That's all I can think of right this second.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
77 Posts
Have a discussion with whoever you want to do the work before you start buying parts. Buying parts yourself, and bringing them in to someone else to install is not wise. The shop makes money off of parts; that's part of business. Expect them to charge more, and not warranty their work if you bring in parts. I like the Crutchfield approach, that's how I did my own setup. They do a good job of supporting the DIY guy. Replacing a radio isn't as simple as it used to be. I am very particular, but it took me two full days to take the dash apart, install radio, rear camera, steering wheel control adaptor, XM module, Phone mic, tap into parking brake circuit, and make sure every connection was soldered and heat-shrunk. Set up and reassembly took the second day. (not to mention my own mistake that made me go back inside the dash! (facepalm!)

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Also I recommend the ASWC-1 over the PAC Steering Wheel Interface.
Also if your going to have it installed, your better to buy from them.

·
Registered
174 Posts
You might consider keeping with 6x9 in the front doors. You'll get better bass and mid bass response. Sonicelectronix has some nice deals going on. Jbl gto are $54. Image dynamics ID series $110.
I run the XS series from ID and they sound fantastic.

Crutchfield is a great place as their authorized. Sonic is too on some of their products.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Forgot to mention the Alpine type R for 100 bucks. Excellent reviews. You might catch the audio bug, then you'll be future proofed somewhat when you want to amp them without the head unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts