Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Baja Storm Titan Pro-4X
19 Posts
Hey Guys..looking for ideas on adding subwoofers to my 2020 PR..Can yall post pics of what and where u mounted your subwoofers..Thanks in advance
@Dee I (unfortunately) have the Fender system in my '21 and as much I wanted to tear it down with a full custom system, the costs are just outrageous. I could go into detail about it but I'll spare you.
I ultimately decided to go with a self-powered Cerwin-Vega subwoofer behind the passenger side rear bench. There's a decent amount of room so you certainly have options. I'm pretty happy with it. I set the bass level at the head unit at -4 to help with distortion and over-exertion of the OE speakers. You can't crank it so that everyone at a traffic light will hear it, but obviously that's not the intended purpose of a sub like this. Pictures below.

Human body Font Rectangle Tints and shades Electronic device

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Luggage and bags
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Vehicle Vehicle door

·
Registered
2017 titan sv 4x4 with tech, convinience, tow, navigation, and Texas packages
6,233 Posts
Certain Vega makes nice stuff. I had a sub in my barracks room back in my army days (mid 90s) and we would ha e floor parties and that one sub put out all the lows for whole floor to hear and feel. We had the old ww2 barracks so two bathrooms at each side and 30ish rooms

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thr Fender system is good, but definitely not all it's hyped up to be. I have a 21 P4X with that settup and I added an externally powered sub to give it some good, clean thump. Just search my name in the forums and you'll see my custom box.

·
Registered
17 Posts
@Dee I (unfortunately) have the Fender system in my '21 and as much I wanted to tear it down with a full custom system, the costs are just outrageous. I could go into detail about it but I'll spare you.
I ultimately decided to go with a self-powered Cerwin-Vega subwoofer behind the passenger side rear bench. There's a decent amount of room so you certainly have options. I'm pretty happy with it. I set the bass level at the head unit at -4 to help with distortion and over-exertion of the OE speakers. You can't crank it so that everyone at a traffic light will hear it, but obviously that's not the intended purpose of a sub like this. Pictures below.

View attachment 562008
View attachment 562009 View attachment 562011
Where did you run the signal from? The head unit, or can you find it somewhere else?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I didn't think any sub box would fit in that narrow spot. Do the upper and lower sections of the seat still function as they should, with no hangups?
The Lower section of the seat hangs up a little bit, but it still allows me access to the under seat storage. If you cut out the insulation and padding the box will sit better and you will probably eliminate the hang up. Keep in mind that if your truck has an inverter and power rear window both of those are on the back wall as well, that’s why I put the sub behind the double seat and not the single. After messing around with the options, I decided that was the best because I still wanted the storage under the rear seats and the compact subs that fit under the seat don’t have the power that I want.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Lower section of the seat hangs up a little bit, but it still allows me access to the under seat storage. If you cut out the insulation and padding the box will sit better and you will probably eliminate the hang up. Keep in mind that if your truck has an inverter and power rear window both of those are on the back wall as well, that’s why I put the sub behind the double seat and not the single. After messing around with the options, I decided that was the best because I still wanted the storage under the rear seats and the compact subs that fit under the seat don’t have the power that I want.
Yeah, I was having the same issue, trying to find somewhere to put a sub that let me keep my storage box. Is that one 10" in that box?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah, I was having the same issue, trying to find somewhere to put a sub that let me keep my storage box. Is that one 10" in that box?
Disregard, I see you stated that it was one 8" sub. I've got an 8" near that same spot also, but after seeing that you got that box in there, I'm wondering if I could custom make another box and get two 8" subs back there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts