Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody installed an aftermarket mirror? I would like to install one, but I'm worried about the wiring?

·
Registered
684 Posts
I haven't installed one on a Titan but I did install on a Frontier. Wiring is simple, - ground, switched DC and constant DC. The mirror kit included a wiring harness. Install the mirror, route the wiring harness under the headliner to the driver's side post. Loosen the trim by removing the handhold on the post and continue routing the wiring down the post and under the dash. Now, all that is necessary is to find sources for switched DC and constant DC - a wiring diagram of your vehicle is very helpful at this point, or you can search using a voltmeter.

·
Registered
44 Posts
also if you are looking at mirrors and your truck doesn't have the homelink (opens a garage door and such) in it already they are a good choice and you can throw the garage door opener away wiring is still simple I just put one in my 350z took like an hour and that is because it was 115 in my garage when I did it:flame:

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help, I'm going to give it try.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just finished installing it, alot easier than I thought it would be. I went with the one they sell for the Altima on Courtesyparts.com. It was alot cheaper that anywhere else, they have $50 discount, paid about $150. Thanks for teh help.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
This is a cool option to have but I find myself very frequently turning it off. It's easier to determine the police headlamps in my rearview if I get all the light from them...

Andrew

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They seem to be pretty accurate. I've had them on other vehicles and have never had a problem with them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts