Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new basic model 08 titan XE. am i supposed to lock my side and then ahve to reach all the way over and lock the other side or isit broken?

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
All locks should lock and unlock from one location. If they don't, take it in to your dealer.

Now the driver's side control should unlock/lock ALL doors. The passenger's side control may only unlock/lock that particular door. Not sure on that one.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I thought the 08s came standard with power locks on all models including the XE? I know on the older XEs, some of them did not come with power door locks so you did have to try to reach over to unlock the door.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
If they put any kind of auto locking feature on the new titans, I will never buy another. My brothers tacoma does that and it would be a deal breaker. I can't stand it when you go to open the door and it is locked.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
helomech said:
If they put any kind of auto locking feature on the new titans, I will never buy another. My brothers tacoma does that and it would be a deal breaker. I can't stand it when you go to open the door and it is locked.
Mine already does it,'04. If the doors are unlocked, I hit the unlock button on the key fob, the doors will auto lock after a short time...if no door is opened.

Moral: If you hit the unlock button on the key fob, open a door or it will lock on its own.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Treebasher said:
Mine already does it,'04. If the doors are unlocked, I hit the unlock button on the key fob, the doors will auto lock after a short time...if no door is opened.

Moral: If you hit the unlock button on the key fob, open a door or it will lock on its own.
My bad, yeah mine does that, I thought they were talking about when they lock by themselves when you go over a certain speed.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
helomech said:
My bad, yeah mine does that, I thought they were talking about when they lock by themselves when you go over a certain speed.
Nah, my bad... I read the thread again and I think they weren't talking about either. We just warped the thread, doh..:rolleyes: :cheers:

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Treebasher said:
Nah, my bad... I read the thread again and I think they weren't talking about either. We just warped the thread, doh..:rolleyes: :cheers:
Sometimes I am pretty good at warping a thread.

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
This is definitely something that I want to do in the near future....

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
how does the auto door lock work?
is it on a timer or wut
because i have left my keys on the seat
and it doesnt lock
but if i put them in my pocket and walk bout 5 feet away
it locks itself
i dont understand :(

·
Registered
779 Posts
helomech said:
Funny...I wish I had auto lock. Maybe, It could be user selected. On my old Grand Prix I had, you could select if you wanted it to auto lock.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Learjet said:
Funny...I wish I had auto lock. Maybe, It could be user selected. On my old Grand Prix I had, you could select if you wanted it to auto lock.
My brothers tacoma has it, and everytime i try to get out the damn door is locked. If it could be turned off I would not mind.

·
Registered
520 Posts
You can turn off the auto lock feature or adjust the time interval if you have the navigation system. Otherwise, the dealer can do it. I had the dealer turn off my auto relock and the power seat entry/exit function. I also had them change the unlock function to where all doors unlock with one press of the keyfob button (instead of two presses). I was told that these functions are in the BCM (body control module) and will not reset if the battery is disconnected.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts