Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! We just purchased a 2019 Platinum Reserve for my wife to enjoy and are loving it. I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a way for the side mirrors to fold in automatically each time she parks the truck? I haven't found a setting to enable this and right now I am just trying to get her in the habbit of hitting the power button to fold them in, but she often forgets. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dre

·
Premium Member
68,149 Posts
Just kidding.
kick-butt.gif

·
Registered
351 Posts
Congratulations on your new truck! Post a few pics when you get a chance. My SV has manual folding mirrors so I can't help you on that one.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Hello! We just purchased a 2019 Platinum Reserve for my wife to enjoy and are loving it. I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a way for the side mirrors to fold in automatically each time she parks the truck? I haven't found a setting to enable this and right now I am just trying to get her in the habbit of hitting the power button to fold them in, but she often forgets. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dre
Man I wish we had that feature..

I have the use the automatic power of my arm to fold my big azz tow mirror in when entering my garage....

·
Registered
139 Posts
It's strange how few cars in the US have that capability - I think it's because of the typically wide parking spots. My BMW had to be coded with a computer program in order to activate that feature, but all the BMWs in Europe have it activated from the factory. I think Lexus and new Mercedes are some of the only ones that program it like that in the US. As far as I know, the titan doesn't have the option to auto-fold when locking the doors.

·
Super Moderator
36,676 Posts
use your arm.
Wait wait wait ... you mean that I have to actually physically move something???
Shame on Nissan for making me work out.

😆

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Meh. Don't really see a call for auto folding mirror to be honest. Mirrors used to be bigger at one time and never auto folding.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I can appreciate it in certain situations like a bank drive thru or some parking garages. I also can't fit my truck in my storage unit without folding both mirrors in. But yes, it's not a huge hassle to fold them in yourself, which is obviously what I do now.

As far as parking with them folded...these trucks are pretty wide, and certain areas have narrow parking spots that make it nice to have that folding capability. With my non-power mirrors, I'd never do that, but if they folded automatically - it's a no brainer.

·
Registered
351 Posts
It's strange how few cars in the US have that capability - I think it's because of the typically wide parking spots. My BMW had to be coded with a computer program in order to activate that feature, but all the BMWs in Europe have it activated from the factory. I think Lexus and new Mercedes are some of the only ones that program it like that in the US. As far as I know, the titan doesn't have the option to auto-fold when locking the doors.
On our BMW I use the automatic folding feature as confirmation that I've locked or unlocked the vehicle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I checked my owners manual, and I don't see a setting that will automatically close the mirrors.

The only option I can think of is really way too much work, but here it is anyway. First, you would have to replace the physical switch with an electronically controllable switch. Then it would be possible to wire the control of that switch into either an arduino board or raspberry pi computer, and wire the arduino or RbP into the car on both a switched and unswitched circuit. Program the arduino or RbP I/O pins to measure when the car is turned off and activate the mirror switch when the car is turned off or on. You would also want to program in a way to manually override the simple on/off program so you can still open and close the mirrors at will.

While that might be an interesting little project, it would void the warranty and be an overly complex solution (that might be prone to failure) for a very simple problem.

·
Premium Member
3,380 Posts
After getting my drivers door mirror knocked off my truck last Saturday, I sure wish they folded when shutting the truck down. Believe it or not it happened in the road parked at the curb in front of my Nissan dealership, I was in the parts dept, now my pocket is $750 light. I found many used ones but none with blind spot detection for an SV.
Clint

·
Premium Member
3,380 Posts
What happened? Someone drove by and hit your mirror?
Yes, the Mrs was sitting in the truck and saw them, said it was some sound.
Clint

·
Premium Member
3,380 Posts
What happened? Someone drove by and hit your mirror?
Of all places I was at the dealership in the parts dept getting touch up paint, next time I’ll park in the lot.
Clint

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
I guess that's the fault of the other driver. Not an auto folding mirror issue. They could have just as well side swiped the doors or ran right into the rear bumper. My best guess is it was someone texting and driving.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I like the idea of having it happen automatically when locking the doors. At any rate, It is now a habit for me to hit the button before leaving the truck.

·
Premium Member
3,380 Posts
I guess that's the fault of the other driver. Not an auto folding mirror issue. They could have just as well side swiped the doors or ran right into the rear bumper. My best guess is it was someone texting and driving.
I said the same thing to my wife it’s still better than him hitting the body with her in the truck, would be even better if the scumbag stopped but at least I know he blew up his mirror as well as I have pieces of it too. The travel lane was wide so he had to be distracted like you said.
The new mirror will be in today and fortunately the cost can be absorbed and move forward. Hey, at least I can write it off as a business expense for this year.
Clint

·
Registered
351 Posts
Yes, the Mrs was sitting in the truck and saw them, said it was some sound.
Clint
This is sad. No self-respecting individual would hit a vehicle (with an occupant no less) and then drive off without taking responsibility. Even if they were texting or something, you don't run off. I'm glad to hear that the Mrs. is fine, but I shake my head about the fact that these kinds of stories seem to be happening with some frequency.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts