Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 08 Titan SE crew cab LB a 35K + truck came with manuel head lights to my supprise, dealer said they are no after market kits. Does any know if they are some kind of switch that can be tied into the ignition so the lights will turn off with the key ?:

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
Well the auto-headlights are standard with LE and Pro-4X, but don't confuse them with day running lights. They use a photo sensor to turn on or off. If you're looking for day running lights, search for parts for Canadian Titans. I'm pretty sure it's a requirement that they all have.

·
Registered
919 Posts
A while ago someone was looking into enabling auto headlights on an SE. He found the plugs and everything for the sensor in the dash but got hung up when he found out that the option had to be enabled by the dealer using their handheld device. I have not known of anyone that has successfully done this using stock equipment. You options are to wire them so they always come on when the key is on, which would most likely just be a matter wiring. Some aftermarket alarms come with an auto-headlight feature.

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
ttugrad95 said:
You options are to wire them so they always come on when the key is on, which would most likely just be a matter wiring. Some aftermarket alarms come with an auto-headlight feature.
But honestly, who really wants that? My '99 Blazer was set up so that you could never turn off the lights. It was a PITA. The best you could do was go down to marker lights.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ttugrad95 said:
A while ago someone was looking into enabling auto headlights on an SE. He found the plugs and everything for the sensor in the dash but got hung up when he found out that the option had to be enabled by the dealer using their handheld device. I have not known of anyone that has successfully done this using stock equipment. You options are to wire them so they always come on when the key is on, which would most likely just be a matter wiring. Some aftermarket alarms come with an auto-headlight feature.
Thanks
BA

·
Registered
288 Posts
Sammy Sandbag said:
But honestly, who really wants that? My '99 Blazer was set up so that you could never turn off the lights. It was a PITA. The best you could do was go down to marker lights.
If you would have pushed the e-brake down to the first notch it enabled the auto headlights, but the brake light indicator would be on in the cluster ;)

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
crash519 said:
If you would have pushed the e-brake down to the first notch it enabled the auto headlights, but the brake light indicator would be on in the cluster ;)
Huh? That would turn off the lights? The only way I could ever do it would be to shut the truck off completely.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts