Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having an issue with your headlights turning on WAY too easily when using the auto headlight feature? I've got a 2015 Titan Pro-4x, and the headlights turn on when going under about 100 ft of mild shade on a sunny day. And then turn off immediately when coming into the sun.

My wife and I were on a small drive last Sunday, and there was a stretch of road where the light turned on and off 6 times within about a two mile stretch.

I've had other vehicles with auto headlights, and there seemed to be a much longer timer for when the lights would turn themselves off during the day.

Is there some way to adjust the sensitivity on this feature?

·
Premium Member
20,945 Posts
If you have navigation there is a screen you can go to for adjusting the auto headlights. I tried it once but it didn't seem to adjust it like I wanted it to.

·
Super Moderator
161,482 Posts
Mine come on going under highway bridges. Never bothers me. I just let it do it's thing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you have navigation there is a screen you can go to for adjusting the auto headlights. I tried it once but it didn't seem to adjust it like I wanted it to.
I don't think the 2015 Titans have this. Mine has nav and I searched through every menu with no luck.

I'm thinking that they really needed to have a delay setting for the lights turning off, and somewhere in the range of 10 - 30 minutes. Having the lights turn off instantly during the day is definitely a poor design.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Try looking into your "system settings" or any other settings menu on the nav screen. Mine is a 2011, and if I recall correctly, the headlight sensitivity is sort of buried in the menus in a non-intuitive place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts