Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if there is a way of troubleshooting the cause of the headlights always being on when set to auto.I have an LE no Navi

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
If you are setting anything on your dash that covers up the little Daylight Sensor, your headlights will stay on. ;)

·
Registered
369 Posts
You go pops. +1^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Had to teach my wife that one. Took about a month of instruction. Blonde ya know.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Also, check your door switches. If the truck senses a door open and it's dark, the lights will stay on until the door shuts, starting the 2 minute timer.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
You go pops. +1^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Had to teach my wife that one. Took about a month of instruction. Blonde ya know.
It's not just a blonde thing, it's a also a work truck thing. :lol: ... As people live out of their trucks for their job, the dash is a convenient place to place "important" papers away from the "junk" and it takes some of us longer than others to break that habit... :rofl:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its the little black ball type thing in the center ,near the windsheild ,correct???
Nothing on my dash

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
its the little black ball type thing in the center ,near the windsheild ,correct???
Nothing on my dash
Yea, I think that's it... It's shown in the Owner's Manual and it's been awhile since I've looked it up... If you've got nothing on your dash, then the sensor may have gone bad... I would start by cleaning cleaning that ball thing off then using a bright, concentrated flashlight directly on it from different angles to see if that makes a difference

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same issue, 2015 Nissan Titan Pro 4X. Lights are always on when set to "auto" mode. It's a brand new truck, nothing on the dash.

It's not the end of the world, I shut them off manually most of the time. Just curious.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
You should have a sensitivity setting. Might be set too high.
I looked for sensitivity setting in the Nav system options and in the info menu on the panel where the gauges are. I did not see anything that allows me to set sensitivity. Nav system settings seem to be all about map, Bluetooth/phone, and audio system preferences, and the menu in the odometer area has settings for temperature/distance units and custom alerts.

I looked for a sensor on/around dash area near windshield. I did not see anything that looked like a sensor in the location vaguely identified in the owner's manual. I attached a picture, in case anyone with more Titan wisdom than I have can tell me where else to look.

I have a 2015 Titan Pro-4x with the technology package that includes Navigation. The switch for the headlights has an "Auto" setting which does not appear to respond to sunlight-- the vehicle's lights are on all the time with this setting.

Attachments

·
Registered
353 Posts
My auto lights stay on if i used my remote start to start the truck and they were on, if i dont use it then they work as designed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts