Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apparently have this auto re-lock system on my truck. There isn't much in the owners man. about how to make it work or even what it is. I went into my navigation system and it has a timer from off to 5min. or so. But it doesn't seem to do anything. I thought that this feature was to automaticaly lock the doors once you get in, start it and go. Or shortly thereafter. I can't seem to get it to work. Does anybody know anything about this system? :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
I think it is designed to relock the doors with the remote within a set time after the last time you pressed the button.

·
Registered
190 Posts
True.. If you press the remote unlock button and go back into the house without opening a door the doors will re-lock themselves..

I freaked out a Tundra dude today. He was checking out my Titan and I rolled the windows down before I came out of the building.. :futwice:

·
Registered
13 Posts
The logic is the button must have been pressed by accident or you changed your mind about entering the vehicle (my interpretation)

From the service manual

Auto Lock Function
Operation Description
 Unless the key is inserted into the ignition key cylinder, one of the doors is opened, or the key fob is oper-ated
within 1 minute after a door lock is unlocked by key fob operation, all the doors are automatically
locked.
The 1 minute timer count is executed by the BCM and after 1 minute, the BCM sends the lock signal to all
doors.
Lock operations are the same as for the remote control entry function.

To my knowledge Nissan has never locked the doors by themselves when you are driving. Nissan figured the people who purchase their vehicles are smart enough to know if they want the doors locked or not :jester:

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
David_S said:
The logic is the button must have been pressed by accident or you changed your mind about entering the vehicle (my interpretation)

From the service manual

Auto Lock Function
Operation Description
 Unless the key is inserted into the ignition key cylinder, one of the doors is opened, or the key fob is oper-ated
within 1 minute after a door lock is unlocked by key fob operation, all the doors are automatically
locked.
The 1 minute timer count is executed by the BCM and after 1 minute, the BCM sends the lock signal to all
doors.
Lock operations are the same as for the remote control entry function.

To my knowledge Nissan has never locked the doors by themselves when you are driving. Nissan figured the people who purchase their vehicles are smart enough to know if they want the doors locked or not :jester:
My dealer told me the auto lock work just like my Ford,And it didn't. I was just :confused:

·
Registered
823 Posts
Deepwater said:
I apparently have this auto re-lock system on my truck. There isn't much in the owners man. about how to make it work or even what it is. I went into my navigation system and it has a timer from off to 5min. or so. But it doesn't seem to do anything. I thought that this feature was to automaticaly lock the doors once you get in, start it and go. Or shortly thereafter. I can't seem to get it to work. Does anybody know anything about this system? :confused:
Has anyone figured this system out and does it work? I've seen the time delay for it on my nav screen but I still haven't noticed it doing anything. Apparently I'm clueless as to it's design intentions even after reading the manual on it. :smoke:

·
Registered
232 Posts
JetForeman said:
Has anyone figured this system out and does it work? I've seen the time delay for it on my nav screen but I still haven't noticed it doing anything. Apparently I'm clueless as to it's design intentions even after reading the manual on it. :smoke:
Should be easy to test. Lock up your truck, point your magic key ring at the truck and unlock. DO NOT enter the truck, open the door, stick the key in etc. Just walk around the truck admiring it, and congratulating your self on such a satisfying purchase, in 1 min (or whatever LE drivers have their timer set to) the truck should re-lock.

I would think this would be a very useful feature to have if you park the truck and are not sure if you locked the truck, pushing it again as your walking will lock the truck or re-lock it within a minute.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Help! Somehow, I've managed to turn off the auto re-lock function. Any body know how to turn it on and off?

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
I have used it many times. I have it set for 30 seconds. I click the button on the key fob, stand and talk to someone and when I go to open the door, it is locked again.

Nice feature for those that have the habit of keeping the key fob in their pocket.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well, I started typing the directions through the NAV display when I looked and saw you have a SE. Do you have the NAV? I can't find any reference in the manual other than using the NAV display to get to that feature. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
431 Posts
No, I don't have NAV, and I can't find it in the manual either... ? I "think" I turned it off by hitting the unlock button on the fob several times in a row, but can't seem to turn it back on now... :(

·
Registered
411 Posts
This is a nice feature for all those folks who don't like to get blasted by the horn when they lock the truck, instead of hitting the lock button just hit unlock instead. :jester:
Personally I find it to be an annoying feature, many times I have unlocked the doors and been distracted, only to find that the door has locked again before I've had a chance to get in.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hatchman said:
No, I don't have NAV, and I can't find it in the manual either... ? I "think" I turned it off by hitting the unlock button on the fob several times in a row, but can't seem to turn it back on now... :(
Makes sense it would be some combination like that. Maybe you cannot adjust the time, but just activate/deactivate. Page 3-8 almost implies it cannot be act/deact. Mentions 1 minute to relock.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Learning something everyday...

I rolled the windows down with the key fob.

Is there a way to roll them back up?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Tom Roper said:

I don't think so. My old Maxima was the same, they come down, but not up. Of course, an aftermarket alarm with the roll up feature would do it.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Tom Roper said:

Just lift the little buttons on the door... :jester:

·
Registered
608 Posts
WARNING!!!
I left my truck in the doorway of the garage when I got my tint and cleargaurd done with the keys in it. I had dropped the wifes car off out front to go home. They asked if the keys were in it and unlocked so I hit unlock on other keyfob to make sure. Went out and got in car drove home and got a call as sone as I got in. Yes the keys are in it but the door is LOCKED! I kinda put them out of business until I got back with the other set of keys.
They enjoyed laughing at me and the 30 minute break they all got.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts