Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, this has been bugging me for a while but now I think I can tell consistently now that my subs from Tech12volt are there kicking as well.

On my 2008 midline stereo system, when you turn on the stereo for the first time, the volume slowly fades up to your last volume setting. This is a nice feature if you happened to be blasting your radio when you turned off the car as it gives you time to turn the audio back down when you start it back up.

Well what I noticed also is that when driving around at 60MPH and higher and you slow down to a stop or below say 30MPH, the volume on the truck also auto fades down. When you speed back up to past 60 or so, the volume goes back up again.

If I could describe it in #s

With the stereo volume set to 10
Speed 0MPH: Volume sounds like it is at 10
Speed 65MPH: Volume appears to be now closer to 12 (but is still set at 10)
Slow down to around 30MPH: Volume fades back down at level 10

This is most notabe to me when exiting the freeways as the volume level drops down enough for me to notice.

Has anyone else noticed this in their Titans?

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Use the circle knob on the right side of your stereo. Go throught the menu till you find speed control volume, then turn it off!!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
vipzach said:
Use the circle knob on the right side of your stereo. Go throught the menu till you find speed control volume, then turn it off!!
So this is a standard feature? Great... Now you're gonna make me download the manual right now from Nissan so I can read up on it. LOL

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Manuals are amazing, underutilized little gems of information... ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
That falls under the category of RTFM. (read the f'in manual).

But I'm just like you; RTFM is definitely a last resort.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, I read the manual again. And there is no mention of how to adjust or turn it off/on. The only time it is mentioned is on page 4-52 in a small little paragraph:

"This vehicle may equipped with Speed Sensitive Volume (SSV) for audio. The audio volume changes as the driving speed changes."

So can I tweak the volume increase and at what speed the volume goes up/down? I though I only saw the bass, mid, trebble controls on the right knob but will check it out right after work.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
That is completely retarded, it looks like adjusting the VSS setting is completely gone from the '08s. There used to be an audio setting where you could set VSS to high, med, low, off. The '07s have this and it's mentioned in the manual, but for the '08 it looks like they took away the ability to change it.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Push in on the dial and it should have a scrollable menu. If not, then they really did take it away which I cannot see them doing.

·
Registered
779 Posts
on my "mid-level" radio, you keep pushing the right knob and you go thru Bass, Mid, Trebble, Fade, Balance, SSV (speed sensitive volume)

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Learjet said:
on my "mid-level" radio, you keep pushing the right knob and you go thru Bass, Mid, Trebble, Fade, Balance, SSV (speed sensitive volume)
Looking at the manuals, the '08 is different than the rest. It's completely lacking the SSV option and how to change it. All it says is that some are equipped with it and that's it.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good news! My 08 has the SSV option on the deck. I guess I overlooked it before as all I had adjusted before were pretty much the Bass and treble and never fully cycled through the options.

With the regular display it showed as 55V. LOL

Anyways, I played with it and it does have the Off, Low, Medium, High setting for the SSV. As far as I can tell, the higher the setting, the higher the volume is at speed. At 60mph, the High setting is at least 2x or 3x louder than the Low setting.

For those that have more experience with the SSV, does anyone know if the volume changes at multiple different speeds? Like it changes volume at 30 then once again at 60? Or is it at just one specific speed cut off point?

·
Registered
779 Posts
FourDoor said:
Good news! My 08 has the SSV option on the deck. I guess I overlooked it before as all I had adjusted before were pretty much the Bass and treble and never fully cycled through the options.

With the regular display it showed as 55V. LOL

Anyways, I played with it and it does have the Off, Low, Medium, High setting for the SSV. As far as I can tell, the higher the setting, the higher the volume is at speed. At 60mph, the High setting is at least 2x or 3x louder than the Low setting.

For those that have more experience with the SSV, does anyone know if the volume changes at multiple different speeds? Like it changes volume at 30 then once again at 60? Or is it at just one specific speed cut off point?
Good you found it, It does seem to step 2 or 3 times as you change speeds. More that one step for sure. If you put it on High you can tell if you pay close attention.

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
I just leave it on OFF,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts