Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off, the truck is an 06 LE CC

Short version: when trying to roll windows up with the auto up feature, it closes then drops 2-3 inches. How can I fix this?

Long Version: Got cold out side and my windows froze. I had to roll my window down but it was stuck. I tried a few times and gave up. Now that it is unfroze, everytime I use auto up, it closes, then drops back down 2-3 inches. I can close it useing the button, as long as I don't hit auto up. I am sure its just a program thing, but how can I put it back to normal?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Fly boy said:
first off, the truck is an 06 LE CC

Short version: when trying to roll windows up with the auto up feature, it closes then drops 2-3 inches. How can I fix this?

Long Version: Got cold out side and my windows froze. I had to roll my window down but it was stuck. I tried a few times and gave up. Now that it is unfroze, everytime I use auto up, it closes, then drops back down 2-3 inches. I can close it useing the button, as long as I don't hit auto up. I am sure its just a program thing, but how can I put it back to normal?
I believe that these windows have an auto reverse feature, in case there is something in the way....maybe there is enough ice/snow in the track to cause this?
Just a suggestion.

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
There may be something interfering with the operation of the window such as debris caught in the inner lining of the door where the window goes in. Do you have vent visors? The problem you are having is a safety option so your window motor and regulator will not get damaged if something prohibits the window from going up smoothly.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
blavis said:
There may be something interfering with the operation of the window such as debris caught in the inner lining of the door where the window goes in. Do you have vent visors? The problem you are having is a safety option so your window motor and regulator will not get damaged if something prohibits the window from going up smoothly.
And more importantly, to keep you children or pets from getting choked to death by the window....

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
IMADOGMAN said:
And more importantly, to keep you children or pets from getting choked to death by the window....
Oh yeah...that is a valid point. I always seem to overlook those details.:lol:

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It will go all the way up if I hold the button up..... not just click auto up and let it go.

edit: it goes up smooth and fine like it is supposed to. You hear it hit the end where it is supposed to stop, then backs down.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Fly boy said:
It will go all the way up if I hold the button up..... not just click auto up and let it go.

edit: it goes up smooth and fine like it is supposed to. You hear it hit the end where it is supposed to stop, then backs down.

I understood what you meant the first time, but it still sounds like the auto-reverse safety is making it go back down. Make sure that there is nothing obstructing the window from going all of the way up. If there is nothing in the way, and it still does it, I would have your dealer check it out, especially if you are still under warranty.
Good luck!

·
Registered
29 Posts
That window needs to have the limit switch reset. I had the same thing happen to my passenger front window after trying to roll it up with a 100lb dog that wanted it down. Took it to the dealer and they said that the limit switch just needed a reset. I'll see if i can find any info on reseting it if you are out of warrenty.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
shouldn't be out of warrenty but I hate the dealer in town and don't really want to go back to them.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
took the truck in... they were going to reset the codes but decided to replace the motor instead - said it would keep needing reset. It IS covered under warrenty. Will update more later.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
1bigwhitetruck said:
That window needs to have the limit switch reset. I had the same thing happen to my passenger front window after trying to roll it up with a 100lb dog that wanted it down. Took it to the dealer and they said that the limit switch just needed a reset. I'll see if i can find any info on reseting it if you are out of warrenty.
What he said. I just had this conversation with several mech's at my dealership.

My switch goes inoperative frequently. Usually on a quick down and up like you'd do at a toll booth - it fails to come back up immediately. After a couple of seconds and several attempts, it will come back up, but I'm worried that sooner or later it just won't...

I had the dealer troubleshoot it and they've ordered me a new master switch which they're installing under warrenty.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Humm.... They said that they were replacing the motor because it would happen again if they just reset it. I will have to as if they replaced the master switch

·
Registered
2 Posts
Try this out guys and let me know if it works for you.

With the ignition in the "ON" position, roll the window all the way down.
Next, HOLD the switch up until the window rolls all the way up. Once it has reached the top, continue holding the switch in the UP position for 4 more seconds. This should re-initialize the Auto Up function.

-Dan

·
Registered
115 Posts
Try this out guys and let me know if it works for you.

With the ignition in the "ON" position, roll the window all the way down.
Next, HOLD the switch up until the window rolls all the way up. Once it has reached the top, continue holding the switch in the UP position for 4 more seconds. This should re-initialize the Auto Up function.

-Dan
Old thread, but my auto roll up stopped working on the driver's side and this fixed. Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts