Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone added a Aux Gas Tank (for Gasoline) to their Titan? I am looking at a tank from Northern Tools (51 gal) to my 2006 Titan 4x4 Crew Cab. I am pulling a 27' camper and I am looking to extend my travel distance. Most tanks are designed and sold for deisel. The one I am looking at will do gas, but I am having trouble finding a pump kit for the Titan. Any help out there?

·
Registered
969 Posts
personally, not yet because i have failed to find information on the subject and a gas tank that will work in the titan. but i am interested so if anyone has any info, sharing it will be appreciated.

btw, i am looking for tanks that go on the undercarriage and not take space in the bed. something small, maybe 10 gallons or so.

·
Registered
792 Posts
http://www.transferflow.com/wedge_tanks_0.html

The only company that I have ever seen that builds a larger fuel tank or an aux under bed fuel tank that takes up the area where the spare tire goes is Transferflow. Unfortunately they seem to concentrate on Dodge, Ford and GM. I have not seen them cater to the Nissan group yet. Mabye one of their systems would work for either of your applications. Good luck.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Bump.

I'm interested as well. I am currently researching this and suspect it maybe safe to add an axillary tank but not a transfer tank.

·
Registered
117 Posts
http://www.aztrucks.com/Product.asp?product=536

here is a link to the one i just ordered- its not an undercarriage one- it goes in the bed but the measurements are small enough that it doesn't take up a buncha space... i've always used these in my trucks and they're a great brand!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Crazy question but will the 37 gal from the 2008 long bed fit a standard bed truck? I was asking the sales guy today and he gave the standard he didn't know.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Seerex said:
Crazy question but will the 37 gal from the 2008 long bed fit a standard bed truck? I was asking the sales guy today and he gave the standard he didn't know.

Thats a good question, but you know the sales guy dont know jack about the vehicle except basic features and how much comission he is going to get.
You should pop in the back and ask a mechanic about that, Im sure one of them would do it for $$$ on the side if it fits.

·
Premium Member
92,342 Posts
Or just do what I do. Take a tape measure and go to the dealer and crawl around under the truck. They just love when I do that.... :D

·
Registered
314 Posts
why dont you just buy one of the new 38 gallon tanks out of the 2008 titans that will get you a extra 10 gallons and a extra 40 bucks at the gas pump too hahah that would be the best idea

·
Registered
969 Posts
yeggsfab said:
why dont you just buy one of the new 38 gallon tanks out of the 2008 titans that will get you a extra 10 gallons and a extra 40 bucks at the gas pump too hahah that would be the best idea
as stated in the 2 posts above yours, it doesnt fit.

for the simple reason that the rear axle isn't back far enough. you are missing a foot of space

·
Registered
1 Posts
Titan fuel tanks makes a 50 gal diesel fuel tank. Does anyone know if the fuel pumps and gas pumps are the same mounting?

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Titan fuel tanks makes a 50 gal diesel fuel tank. Does anyone know if the fuel pumps and gas pumps are the same mounting?
I'm sure if it would work on the gasser, it would be listed on their site, but it is not.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts