Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
do the 04' titans have a aux in spot on the back of the radios, i just recently bought the sirius sportster 4, and its hard to get a station that doesn't pick up alot of static, and i wanted to try and directly plug it into the radio, instead of using there antenna they sent.

any help?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Does anyone have a good picture of the front AND rear of the rockford fosgate system? The faceplate area and directing behind that to show all the connections. I think that'd be helpful. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
17,123 Posts
The RF AUX jack on the face plate is connected by a cable to the back of the HU. The 2004 had a problem with a low sound level on the AUX jack, such that some people used line drivers to boost the level for sat radio and mp3 players.

There is also a satellite connection (NBUS). On the RF systems, the NBUS cable is plugged into the back of the HU and terminates under the driver's side dash. I think you can buy a device that converts the NBUS to a couble of AUX inputs.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
The 2004 had a problem with a low sound level on the AUX jack, such that some people used line drivers to boost the level for sat radio and mp3 players.
Where can one acquire one of these line boosters? I tried a regular connection and was much happier with the FM modulator...also asked one of the "experts" at RadioShack who had never heard of a booster of this kind.

·
Registered
251 Posts
locoeng said:
Where can one acquire one of these line boosters? I tried a regular connection and was much happier with the FM modulator...also asked one of the "experts" at RadioShack who had never heard of a booster of this kind.
There are a couple of different kinds. Mind is called "Boosteroo" and I got it from smalldogelectronics.com

·
Registered
94 Posts
bestatchess said:
The RF AUX jack on the face plate is connected by a cable to the back of the HU. The 2004 had a problem with a low sound level on the AUX jack, such that some people used line drivers to boost the level for sat radio and mp3 players.

There is also a satellite connection (NBUS). On the RF systems, the NBUS cable is plugged into the back of the HU and terminates under the driver's side dash. I think you can buy a device that converts the NBUS to a couble of AUX inputs.
Jesus Christ! That's a lot of wiring. Is there room inside the dash to store all that? And is that the RF system?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Sending the signal through the FM is horrible. I have a small wire that comes out of the bottom of my console that plugs into my AUX port and it works great. If i want to use my iPod i just disconnet that wire, pretty simple. Best Buy did mine and it was like $90 total.

·
Registered
94 Posts
krc333 said:
Sending the signal through the FM is horrible. I have a small wire that comes out of the bottom of my console that plugs into my AUX port and it works great. If i want to use my iPod i just disconnet that wire, pretty simple. Best Buy did mine and it was like $90 total.
What kind of wire is this? Do you have a picture of the setup?

·
Registered
94 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have the 6 cd changer which i think is the basic unit. It might be the model above the basic. I have my Sirius unit mounted in the center tray on the dash. Basically i have three wires plugged into the unit, power(hard wired) the cable from the unit to the AUX port, and then a third wire for the dish. You can see about an inch of wires going from the unit into my dash and then the AUX cable coming out the bottom of my dash into the AUX port. I'll try a get a pic tonight and post it.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just bought a direct wired antenna from best buy for my Sirius for $30. Took about 20 minutes to install and hide all the wires.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts