Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Titan LE with the stock RF System. If I connect either an IPOD or a Satellite Radio (XM Pioneer Inno) to the Aux Input the audio sounds clear but not very loud. For example, the same song cut from my MP3 burned to a CD played on the system sounds drastically better and more dynamic on the CD and much, much louder than I can play it on anything plugged into the AUX input. It seems the overall 'spectrum' isn't a good as playing a CD in the stock RF stereo system. Anyone else having this issue? Is there some sort of setting to increase the input level? On each device I have the output level maxed too (ipod and inno). Do I need an inline amplifier or ??

Thanks guys!!

Rob

·
Vendor
32,925 Posts
robofarrell said:
I have a 2004 Titan LE with the stock RF System. If I connect either an IPOD or a Satellite Radio (XM Pioneer Inno) to the Aux Input the audio sounds clear but not very loud. For example, the same song cut from my MP3 burned to a CD played on the system sounds drastically better and more dynamic on the CD and much, much louder than I can play it on anything plugged into the AUX input. It seems the overall 'spectrum' isn't a good as playing a CD in the stock RF stereo system. Anyone else having this issue? Is there some sort of setting to increase the input level? On each device I have the output level maxed too (ipod and inno). Do I need an inline amplifier or ??

Thanks guys!!

Rob

long been a issue. Yea get a inline amp. Been discussed here heavily.

·
Premium Member
17,123 Posts
The 2004 RF HU CD player does not play mp3s. mp3s and SAT radio are compressed and lower quality than CD audio. Neither will sound as good as a CD. Having said that, yes, the AUX in level is reduced on the 2004 RF HU. Many people have used PIE amps to amplify the AUX in. Sammysandbag has a thread called something like Hardwiring MP3 player with a how to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I'll check out the other thread but I am looking for something simple, maybe inline that would improve the audio quality. Would you have something specific (brand/model) that you would recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts