Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The AUX input is not working on my Titan. I pulled the bezel off and saw that it was unplugged. I could not find a plug that would fit it but I did find where someone had spliced in a pair of RCA cables. I have no idea what the prior owner was using them for. I would like to hook the AUX back up. Does anyone know what color wires would go to the AUX? Anyone know where to get a connector to wire it back up?

This is on a 2004 SE KC with the 6disc changer.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I fixed it if anyone else is interested. I went to radio shack and bought a connector that accepts the input from an MP3 player. It had connectors for three wires on the back. I then soldered wires to it and then spliced them in to the wires where the RCA cables were. It has a little nut to hold it in place. Once it was all put back together it looks stock.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I too have a 2004 Titan that had the Non-Rockford 6-CD Changer and I found the AUX plug to be a worthless component. I could hook an MP3 player to it but I had to turn the volume up way high to hear anything and the noisy background was terrible.

I recently bought a new aftermarket Kenwood touchscreen navigation receiver to replace the whole OEM player.

I'm glad to hear you got the AUX plug fixed but I have to wonder why you even bothered.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have to turn it up all the way to get it loud enough but I get no background noise. I think it might have to do with using the headphone out on my MP3 player. A more expensive MP3 player might have better output. Anyway I am glad it works. It just irritated me to know the previous owner would butcher the wiring like that.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
2004 had low AUX input level. Some people wired in PIE amps to increase AUX level, which may explain hacked AUX wiring. I swapped my 04 RF HU for a 2006 and the AUX level is much better.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2004 had low AUX input level. Some people wired in PIE amps to increase AUX level, which may explain hacked AUX wiring. I swapped my 04 RF HU for a 2006 and the AUX level is much better.
Mine works well enough to be usable. It could be better but it will do for now. maybe I will swap out the whole thing for an aftermarket stereo one day. Maybe one with the DVD player.

Anyway I was proud of myself for using a soldering iron and not damaging myself or my car. I am not exactly Yoda with that thing......

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Mine works fine. We listen to MP3's & Pandora on my girlfriend's Samsung Epic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts