Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if it is worth it to get one of these tuners if im just the average driver. I put on an exhaust and plan to get an air intake. but thats really it. Is a tuner in the best of my interests? Will it help much for everyday use? thanks.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I'll throw this out there and hope I won't get flamed too bad. :)

In my experience, the BDGT tune made more of a difference on my truck than UpRev. I know most people will disagree with me and call me crazy, but it's the truth. Maybe my truck is just weird? :confused:

With UpRev, the only difference I felt was being able to go WOT from 0mph. Yeah, that's nice at the track. However, who drives WOT all the time on the street? And unless you have truetrac, what good is a one wheel peel from going WOT from a stop?

My issue with UpRev was that it felt like I still had a throttle restriction at part throttle. Richard at UpRev told me this was normal.

The BDGT overcame this feeling by offering increased throttle sensitivity. As far as I know, UpRev doesn't do this.

I also like the fact that I don't need to drag out my laptop or carry it around with me to monitor parameters using the BDGT.

So in summary, I think that for a stock vehicle, the BDGT tune is more fun. For mods, UpRev will give you the most power and keep your engine safe.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
There's no tuning available yet for the 2011 Titan. I have no regrets at all going with Bully Dog and Superchips, and in my case, I'm almost certain Uprev could not tune my Titan any better than what it is right now. However, 2008-10 Titans are factory set to run pretty rich at WOT, so for the late model years, Uprev would be a better choice IMO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts