Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
The best is like some said, wetsand, rubbing compound, polish and the most important is UV protection clear coat.

I use 1500 grit sandpaper and wet sand. U can use lower depending on how bad it really is. Make sure to wet sand, the water acts like a lubricant. Then I use some rubbing compound on a buffer till it comes clear. I like to use a polish just after that. Give it that clear shine like when it was brand new. Then I spray some Maguires Headlight Clear Coat over the lens. I'm sure there are other clear coats you can use but I seen this on Amazon one day and bought it.

Hope this helps out

·
Registered
306 Posts
This stuff works really well for how little effort it takes:

I just used a drill with a 3" pad on it, maybe ten minutes on each light.

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Titan Pro-4X 2006 Nissan Titan SE (sold)
191 Posts
I used the 3M kit last week (Minor changes since then), but I didn't notice too much difference. I was hoping for "life altering" changes, but it didn't get it as crystal clear as I'd hoped. Granted, it was out in the hot sun, and I probably didn't spend as much time on it as I should've with the sun beating down on me. As luck would have it, the dealership that took my trade took pictures of it. So I have a pre and post... The "Pre" doesn't look as yellow as it did in person.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Did the wife's car with the Turtle Wax kit. 4 rubbing pads, each is a finer grit as you step up through the pads. Rubbing horizontal with pads 1 & 3 and vertical with pads 2 & 4 with lubricant/cleaner. Follow that with the 2 step sealer and clear and done.
Made a huge difference.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts