·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is my suspension movement stock
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/7cdea5b6-4b5d-4edd-8785-99ff01220e18.htm

here it is after jettechs leaf spring helpers were installed
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/51407a52-caa3-494f-a184-9a000126b0d0.htm

the angles are a little different in the videos but you get the idea... how much different do you think these spring helpers made?

i do know my drivetrain clunk is gone when i take off from a stop... however, i do notice that the clunk remains that was there just after i stopped....

hopefully after the first of the year i can get an after After video with traction bars to see the real difference...

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Cool Vids. I see where there is less movement of the axle, but that is not what i call axle wrap. My take on axle wrap, also called tire shake, is when the rear tires try to leave the ground bacause the leaf springs are trying to coil themselves up. When axle wrap happens you will know it, everything not tied down in the cab will bounce around like you are running over 50 speed bumps 6" apart at 50mph.

·
Registered
6,053 Posts
titanss said:
Cool Vids. I see where there is less movement of the axle, but that is not what i call axle wrap. My take on axle wrap, also called tire shake, is when the rear tires try to leave the ground bacause the leaf springs are trying to coil themselves up. When axle wrap happens you will know it, everything not tied down in the cab will bounce around like you are running over 50 speed bumps 6" apart at 50mph.
100% Correct.. Cool videos none the less though!!

·
Registered
3,569 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
titanss said:
this would be one result of what my videos show....:cheers:

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Axle "wrap" may turn into axle "hop" but they're not the same. All leaf springs have a certain amount of wrap, but adding spring rate is a poor answer to reduce it unless you are hauling a lot of weight around most of the time.
Another reason not to install blocks...

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
this is a temporary fix until i can get some traction bars...
With your vid, that LOOKS like a good idea!

BTW Nice sounding exhuast, what are you running?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts