Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pipho just rebuilt my coilover and changed my valving a little to help with the bigger hits :redblob". I'm ready to go try it out. Any body want to get together in the next couple weeks and hit up the desert? Just guaging interest with this. I'll decide on a time and place after I see who wants to roll.

·
Registered
14,140 Posts
desert run? so not a freakin trail run where i would break my truck like last meet?

·
Registered
14,140 Posts
I'd rather ride along with someone who has coilovers, like 08pro.... Paul. it'd be sweet to see your truck in action rynomx

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm going to have to order new coilovers on Monday. My 10's are way too long and in order to make them work right ADD had to put the shock tabs at a 90 degree angle off the hoops. They tabs are starting to peel off the tubing. We took it all apart today to try and gusset it and really couldn't come up with a good way of doing it short of cutting the fender wells out and build bigger hoops. Anybody need 10" coilovers?

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
I'm going to have to order new coilovers on Monday. My 10's are way too long and in order to make them work right ADD had to put the shock tabs at a 90 degree angle off the hoops. They tabs are starting to peel off the tubing. We took it all apart today to try and gusset it and really couldn't come up with a good way of doing it short of cutting the fender wells out and build bigger hoops. Anybody need 10" coilovers?
So your going down to an 8"? Cutting out the inner fender doesnt look to bad you would just have to move a few things around...
I havent had any problems with my 10s yet but My tabs are not sticking straight out like that and are plated and tigged so hopefully I dont have to worry about it.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So your going down to an 8"? Cutting out the inner fender doesnt look to bad you would just have to move a few things around...
I havent had any problems with my 10s yet but My tabs are not sticking straight out like that and are plated and tigged so hopefully I dont have to worry about it.
Ya I'm going back to 8's. That's what everybody else with the PRG kit is running. 10's are pointless unless you cut the stock fender wells out. Relocating all the stuff would be a lot of work.

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Ya I'm going back to 8's. That's what everybody else with the PRG kit is running. 10's are pointless unless you cut the stock fender wells out. Relocating all the stuff would be a lot of work.
Yea the PRG kit should pull about 16.5 max and thats with the inner fender removed and the stuff relocated. Even with 8s thou you should be able to pull 16" of travel if you ever decided to remove the inner fenders.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea the PRG kit should pull about 16.5 max and thats with the inner fender removed and the stuff relocated. Even with 8s thou you should be able to pull 16" of travel if you ever decided to remove the inner fenders.
I'm a long ways out from being worried about removing the fender wells. I need Truetrac, gears, bedsides, and spring under then I'll be ready to remove the fender wells. If I am still alive at that point......... LOL

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Im in when ever this goes down, ive got a lot going on but ill try to plan it in when you get a date set.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haha yeah I know what your saying... My list of things I plan on doing to my truck go on and on. I just waiting for the day when its all done.
Change of plans. We are going to cut out the fender wells and build a engine cage. I'm going to order a front clip in the next couple weeks too. I figured that would be easier to mount than the stock hood and glass fenders.
Im in when ever this goes down, ive got a lot going on but ill try to plan it in when you get a date set.
I'm not gonna be able to make a meet for a month or so.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I'd be game if I get my coilovers rebuilt.

·
Registered
787 Posts
ha that sounds good. Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to go newhere until at least spring break in march even though it's just phoenix. My schedule is very tight and there's no way for me to get a day to go up there. It sucks.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Subscribed....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts