Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2.25 stainless, catless, Cajun B-Pipes. Less than 1000 miles on them. Since I put them on, I have been battling with the check engine light (o2 sensors). This wouldn't be such a big deal if my gas mileage didn't take a s**t while the light is on. Not sure if the truck goes into a safe mode of some sort. I have tried every solution available to stop this, though nothing has worked. Not sure if it's because I have 2012 or what. Whatever the reason, I just want to make it clear that these pipes were well constructed and are defect free. It is a good product by nightowl, unfortunately they just won't jive with my truck. If anyone is interested, name a price. Thanks.

Rich

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
Rich are you code free with the OEM pipes? If so they should be code free on with catless also. If no one buys them call or pm me, hate your having trouble, other 2012's have been fine with them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rich are you code free with the OEM pipes? If so they should be code free on with catless also. If no one buys them call or pm me, hate your having trouble, other 2012's have been fine with them.
I wish I could figure the problem out, because I would love to keep them on. They make a great addition to any exhaust. And yes, I am code free with OEM. I remember you suggesting uprev to disable the sensors, but I really don't want to spend that kind of cash. Again, the pipes are great. They really woke up my exhaust. I just cant seem to figure the damn light out.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Nightowl, How is this possible without sensors to throw the code on the secondaries? I would like to get these pipes on my 06 but dont want issues. Thanks

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Nightowl, How is this possible without sensors to throw the code on the secondaries? I would like to get these pipes on my 06 but dont want issues. Thanks
Look at your stock B-pipes. The second set of sensors is in front of the secondary cats/reso's. The computer can not tell if they are not there, IE catless b-pipes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
I have no idea why he has a light. Stock manifolds right, not headers? Are your primary cats in good shape?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I have a set of Defoulers that will rid you of codes

will sell them cheap!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stock headers. Did the non-fouler solution as well. My friend Nick owns his own shop. Earlier in the week we put the truck on the lift and checked the pipes. Then checked again. And again. Tightened and retightened. He told me beforehand, to expect a CEL once I put the pipes on and explained to me why it would happen. I have followed every bit of advice that has been offered to me. You guys are frigging great for that. Unfortunately, I have already removed the pipes. And this is nothing against Jeff (nightowl) in any way. I think the cajuns are great. But something (wish i knew what) is causing them and my truck to not get along. It could certainly be something I did. I don't know what, and because I can't pinpoint the cause I'm not blaming anyone or anything. It sucks because I liked them, but on the bright side, I appreciate all the help you guys try to offer when dealing with these kinds of things. Makes me happy I bought a T.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Thats crazy ive had mine four months now no lights i have extended bungs and reused the 05 rear gaskets. Sorry the didnt work they are a great product must be a touchy truck.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I'm having the same issue with my bpipes currently but I can tell you I have pretty bad leaks from manifolds to bpipes and I'm not using extensions. I plan on getting new oem gaskets and extensions soon and I'm certain that will fix any problem. I also lost 1-2mpg with the ses light on, my wallet can't tell the difference though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
I can add cats to them if you want, just let me know. Way too many catless pipes out there with no codes using stock manifolds, I have no idea what the issue is. Sorry man.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Its really starnge how some vehicles react differently, I had a AFE stage 2 CAI that kept throwing codes, others ran this intake no problem.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts