Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Nice conversation you're having with yourself. :)

With regard to Uprev, be careful towing in a performance map. It may be too "hot" and can lead to overheating. Hopefully you ordered one of your maps as a towing map.

Since you're towing and are all-in on mods, consider adding an aftermarket transmission cooler.
Deff plan for tow , economy , proformance , where mite one find a tranny cooler?

·
Premium Member
20,791 Posts
There is an excellent thread on the forum for which cooler to use and install tips. Look for Long Tru Cooler.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
after much thought of the cooler think I will do a break upgrade first power stop or similar drilled slotted rooters pads gotta slow big rig down even that I have trailer breaks, and a trailer break job with drums is just as exp truck break job with disc

·
Premium Member
20,791 Posts
Do not use drilled rotors if you tow heavy. That's what I read on the towing forums. Cracks in the rotors start at the drill holes because of the added stress of braking while towing. Yes, the trailer brakes are supposed to stop the trailer, but it never works out to be 100%. Some of the brake component manufacturers will make a rotor and pad that is specific for towing situations.

·
Premium Member
20,791 Posts
Looks like you've been busy!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
everything set to tow front end aline exhaust all welded permenit does not show the Bills 51 on all four cornors tryin to figuar out this uprev do i get the tune now or do i wait for the headers???

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
first big tow not best pic but had 80psi in the bags had her leveled out pretty good prob could have went to 90 but has never been the best load set up to much toung wt. but did it reasonably well , truck seems more powerful than my 07 but need to play with it more

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Heard a couple loud pops creeking towing yesterday upon further investigation bolts on my airbag mount on passenger side pulled out don't like the setup they call for the use of self tapping screws that air lift provides in the kit . now it was a good thing I had them installed , shop owner was at my house within 2hr got the one side good enough for me to drive it to his shop on mon. And I know it sucks im without my truck for the weekend but ill live

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
71,101 Posts
I hope you knew the Firestone bags were no drill install...

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
71,101 Posts
I had Timbrens on my Fronty. I liked them. I knew the Air Lifts were a frame drill install. That's why I went with Firestone bags. Bolt on.

·
Premium Member
20,791 Posts
In my opinion, having a third weight bearing position against the frame is a good thing. I put a little too much tongue weight on my Titan and cracked the rear leaf spring support bracket that is attached to the frame. The shackle was also bent. I think if I had air bags it wouldn't have happened. Then again, if I had stayed within the tongue weight rating it wouldn't have happened at all.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
MAN I HAVE TO GIVE A SHOUT OUT FOR MY INSTALLER, first thought was to weld the upper braket to the frame didn't work out so he was able to fish all 8 bolts through existing holes in the frame so now they are BOLTED FLATT WASHER AND LOC WASHER AND NUTTED, INSTALLER came to my house

·
Registered
113 Posts
Do not use drilled rotors if you tow heavy. That's what I read on the towing forums. Cracks in the rotors start at the drill holes because of the added stress of braking while towing. Yes, the trailer brakes are supposed to stop the trailer, but it never works out to be 100%. Some of the brake component manufacturers will make a rotor and pad that is specific for towing situations.
This is all dependent on the manufacturer, etc. sweeping statement like “do not use drilled rotors if you tow heavy” are generally incorrect. Power stop’s towing package brakes are slotted and drilled.

·
Premium Member
20,791 Posts
This is all dependent on the manufacturer, etc. sweeping statement like “do not use drilled rotors if you tow heavy” are generally incorrect. Power stop’s towing package brakes are slotted and drilled.
There are too many instance of cracked, drilled rotors in towing situations to recommend that someone deviate from a normal rotor.

·
Registered
113 Posts
There are too many instance of cracked, drilled rotors in towing situations to recommend that someone deviate from a normal rotor.
I didn't mean that comment to sound as crappy as it did. Power stop makes really good stuff and I'd be surprised if their towing package had those issues.

That's fair but what drilled rotors were they? What were the designed for? A performance intended rotor will intentionally be lighter than one purpose built for towing for the reasons you stated.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I have ran power stop pads and rooters before liked there aggressive feel but my complaint is the life of the rooters could be my fault on not having them set up with out drag

21 - 40 of 64 Posts