Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Driving to and from Aurora, IL (50 miles west of Chicago) to Sun City Center, FL (30 miles south of Tampa) for a total of 3,730 miles at an average speed of 54.3 mph resulted in an average of 14.3 mpg. I am pleased to tell you all that the Titan is one hell of a truck.

I am sure if I had a cover on the bed the mpg would have been 1 or 2 points higher.

·
Registered
230 Posts
54.3 mph...were you towing something? I can't keep mine under 75 mph on the highway and sometimes even in the back country. :upsidedow

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sabre66 said:
54.3 mph...were you towing something? I can't keep mine under 75 mph on the highway and sometimes even in the back country. :upsidedow

I'm sure he is referring to what the computer is stating is ave for entire trip.......i.e. in town not just out on the interstates... :)

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Exactly. That is the average for the entire trip. On the expressways I had a hard time keeping it under 80 and sometimes 90. The truck just runs so nicely at high speeds that I had to consciously remember to watch how fast I set the cruise control occasionally.

That also includes a 2 hour sit and creep forward dance south of Atlanta where they took a 4 lane highway down to a 1 laner. Also, another act of insanity in Nashville on I-24 West where the same thing happened. A total of almost 5 hours of wasted time sitting in traffic due to the inept DOT.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thanks rrumaner. I was waiting to see how your trip went. Gas mileage seems good. My first tank was 15 MPG. A mixture of in town, test driving and of course the fast lane every once in a while. How did the radio do? From what I remember you never had a problem with yours. Anything you found that you really liked or not? Thanks again. :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
rrumaner said:
Exactly. That is the average for the entire trip. On the expressways I had a hard time keeping it under 80 and sometimes 90. The truck just runs so nicely at high speeds that I had to consciously remember to watch how fast I set the cruise control occasionally.

That also includes a 2 hour sit and creep forward dance south of Atlanta where they took a 4 lane highway down to a 1 laner. Also, another act of insanity in Nashville on I-24 West where the same thing happened. A total of almost 5 hours of wasted time sitting in traffic due to the inept DOT.

I was just teasing ya. :upsidedow

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Glad ur back home safe and sound RR.

Just got home myself from work travel and a weekend up at the in-laws...

Chris

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The radio worked fine. I never noticed any loss of stereo but I did lose stations playing a song I liked once or twice. :)

Had the now infamous Armada Navigation Screen appear a dozen times. You know the one where the temperature semi-circles for Driver and Passenger and the outside temp are displayed. A couple of times I got them to go away by simply restarting the truck. Other times, they reappeared for a few restarts and then nothing for 20 or 30 more.

Had a glitch with the Nav System once. It stopped tracking our progress and wouldn't respond to any of the keys. After trying a few things, I got an error message saying that the DVD-ROM was an incorrect version and the only way to get that to go away was to stop in a rest area, shut down the truck and restart it. After that everything worked fine for the remainder of the trip.

I have to admit that the Nav SYstem was well worth the cost. It got us around some serious construction areas in cities we had no knowledge of.

·
Registered
359 Posts
So glad ya'll had a great time, and are home safe and sound! Plenty of Titan quality time...good deal! :cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts