Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have been living with my second Titan for a few months now and have formed a few opinions. I bought essentially the clone of my previous truck; both are black CC XE 2WD with the "preferred package" and both were bought new from the dealer.

The first one was an early 04, one of the first available where I lived. The new one is an 07. This isn't a back to back comparison timewise; I sold the 04about 10 months ago, after about 70k essentially trouble-free miles, and then mainly drove a Hemi Charger in the interim, as well as my Miata and 72 Porsche 911E project. Had to get back into a truck, though!

1) The new truck seems subdued compared to the other one; slower, quieter. At about 4300 miles now, I am hoping it wakes up at some point. I loved the exhaust note on the old one, this one I can barely hear. I wonder how much extra weight the 07 is carrying around with the additional standard options they now provide. Gas mileage is maybe a little worse, though...

2) I love the power rear window and aluminum diff cover; these are both cool to behold.

3) The stereo system is just as mediocre as on the 04 - and the Ipod circuit sounds like crap, lots of distortion.

4) Oh yeah, gotta love the tailgate assist. The tailgate on the 04 could have counted as a gym membership.

5) Brakes seem a bit better. The ones on the 04 never gave me trouble per se, other than feeling underpowered.

In general, I am liking the 07 quite a bit. It does seem a little less like the "musclecar with a cargo bed" that the 04 did; not sure if that is due to the novelty wearing off, or an actual performance difference. Time will tell.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
My 07 woke up at around 15,000 miles. It was like there was something in the ECU allowed the truck to get up and go when I asked it to. There is more of a tendency for the 07 to hold its gear than my 05, which I thought was unnecessarily shift happy. After some more miles under your belt, you will come to appreciate the truck more.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks for the posts. I have an '04 Galaxy Black XE CC I purchased Nov '06 that had about 22K miles on it and I am very happy with it. It has the upgrade package, PW, PL, etc. I had serious doubts after the purchase because of all the issues posted on the forum. So far, no major problems, only cosmetic stuff. I now have about 34K miles on my Titan. I get a lot of compliments on my truck. The brakes were done by previous owner and I have the service records from the dealer. The truck was leased and the previous owner had installed a very nice Undercover matching black bed cover and black nerf bars. I am hoping for the best mechanically from this truck. I remain cautiously optimistic and read this forum almost daily. The truck handles really great and is a really fast truck. I have the extended Warranty up to 100K on the major systems. I appreciate reading the good testimonies for the '04 Titan.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lojo said:
Thanks for the posts. I have an '04 Galaxy Black XE CC I purchased Nov '06 that had about 22K miles on it and I am very happy with it. It has the upgrade package, PW, PL, etc. I had serious doubts after the purchase because of all the issues posted on the forum. So far, no major problems, only cosmetic stuff. I now have about 34K miles on my Titan. I get a lot of compliments on my truck. The brakes were done by previous owner and I have the service records from the dealer. The truck was leased and the previous owner had installed a very nice Undercover matching black bed cover and black nerf bars. I am hoping for the best mechanically from this truck. I remain cautiously optimistic and read this forum almost daily. The truck handles really great and is a really fast truck. I have the extended Warranty up to 100K on the major systems. I appreciate reading the good testimonies for the '04 Titan.
Yeah, the 04 was a really good truck. I used it like a truck is meant to be used and never had significant problems. I think there were some teething pains for Nissan with these trucks initially, but statistically I bet most of us did fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts