Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after much anticipation I am back on the road, turns out the radiator was the cause of my overheating problems, it was clogged somewhere. They (dealer) ended up keeping the old one, they are going to opening it up to see where the clog is and what caused it, wouldn't be to surprised if it was the tech that messed it up. My extended warranty company, being the low life's they are, did not want to pay for the whole diagnosis process so guess who had to pay it, me. Everything came out to 250.00 which included the rental car, and deductible, I should have paid only 135.00 but considering how much nissan charged for the radiator, $578.00, plus a thermostat, labor, new seat belt, cause my air bag kept blinking, I made out ok. My new exhaust will have to wait, as well as any other project I had planned for the truck. Just thankful to have it back.

·
Premium Member
21,317 Posts
Good deal. I was a lurker in your other thread where you were diagnosing the problem.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks brother, it feels good to be back in my own vehicle, got tired of driving that ford explorer, piece of garbage, and it was a 2010, and it shoke while idling.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Glad to see you back on the road, our mods are very similar.

I haven't driven mine for over 10 days, it's sitting in the driveway with a full bowl of coolant under the front. Just waiting on my CSF radiator to show up, finally called yesterday and made them ship from CSF directly.

You know, I get pretty good MPG when I'm not driving it....

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LD, you ain't kidding, besides I have to take it back to them since they scraped my front bumper cover.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts