Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my ordered Titan is no more. Went last week and put down a deposit for an SE with the Big Tow. The dealer said we missed the deadline to order in March but they would change an existing order. Then told we "missed the window" for changes. Then told today that they were trying to work out a deal with two other dealers to get us our truck.

Wife threw in the towel and cx'd the deal and asked for a refund of our deposit. Told "no problem".

With our towing requirement, it looks like we are going to look at an F250.

Damn.

Mike

·
Registered
33 Posts
Can you find one within driving distance of you?

I found mine about 225 miles away, deal was done over the phone. Worked great. However - If you do have high towing requirements, you probably shouldn't be set on a 1/2 ton anyway.

When my towing requirements go up, I will be looking at the 250/350 as well.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Smokey, How much do you need to tow. It is rated at 9500 lbs. I have towed 7500 and others have towed over 8900. I had no problems, and the truck was not struggeling in the least. It will tow what it says without a problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately, I am in the nearest large city (Miami). I think the fundamental problem is that we are looking for an SE Crew with just the Big Tow. The ones that are already on the local dealer lots all seem to have add-ons. I could swallow the floor mats and the splash guards but I don't want or need the drop in bedliner or the SE popular pkg.

Still working the problem.

Mike

·
Registered
33 Posts
Doghouse said:
Smokey, How much do you need to tow. It is rated at 9500 lbs. I have towed 7500 and others have towed over 8900. I had no problems, and the truck was not struggeling in the least. It will tow what it says without a problem.
To start with, my first toy-hauler will be a lite version. This truck will handle it no problem. But when I need to upgrade for more then a couple of quads you start to look at over 12K loaded.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Titan gods have smiled upon me and we made it to square two. Found the Titan we wanted at a dealership on the SW Coast of Florida (200 miles away). Did an internet negotiation and now have a Titan inbound, due in three weeks.

Final numbers $1500 over invoice (incl holdback). Not the best deal in Titan history, but I am a happy camper nonetheless. Not having to play the game is worth the extra money :)

Mike

·
Registered
104 Posts
n2916s said:
The Titan gods have smiled upon me and we made it to square two. Found the Titan we wanted at a dealership on the SW Coast of Florida (200 miles away). Did an internet negotiation and now have a Titan inbound, due in three weeks.
Congratulations, I think you are gonna love it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts