Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I am taking the system out and putting stock rockford setup back in the Titan. I looked at the back of the radio faceplate and it looks like there was two capacitors on either side of the connector, mine are missing!!!! Anyone on here know what those capacitors are and if I can get them and solder back on?

OR> does anyone have a stock radio faceplate for a 2004 Titan LE with Rockford pacakge and rear DVD?

I have to get this done THIS WEEK!!!

Brent

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found one of the caps in the box I had it in, just have to find the other one! I believe they are both the same. Anyone have any info on this?

Brent

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am drownin here guys, can someone pull their stock rockford radio face plate off and check what those two capacitors are? I just need to know what to get!

Brent

·
Registered
684 Posts
My radio is the 06 version but the capacitors are probably the same. They are both the same value, 47 mfd, 50v. The gnd terminal is positioned toward the bottom of the bezel on each.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
eakes said:
My radio is the 06 version but the capacitors are probably the same. They are both the same value, 47 mfd, 50v. The gnd terminal is positioned toward the bottom of the bezel on each.

This is correct just got off the phone about 2 minutes ago with a customer that has a o5 and his are the same value.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the caps and replaced, but nothing. THe clock comes up, but the stereo/cd/rear av won't kick on. Any ideas on that guys?

Brent

·
Registered
684 Posts
Check DC power to the radio. It sounds as if the main fuse that supplies constant DC to the radio may be blown (this one is located in a fuse box in the engine compartment).

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
coachflip said:
I got the caps and replaced, but nothing. THe clock comes up, but the stereo/cd/rear av won't kick on. Any ideas on that guys?

Brent
Make sure the solder is good hot before taking the iron awat . it should start to bubble. and check the fuses.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will check those guys!!! Thanks!

Brent

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
coachflip said:
I will check those guys!!! Thanks!

Brent
Thanks to the both of you guys for taking the time to help me. I tested voltage at the harness and sure enough, no 12v!!! I went through the fuses and found the radio fuse under the hood was blown!!! HOLY SMOKES IT ALL WORKS NOW!!

Tech12Volt - Now I have to figure out what to do with this awesome box I have with two eD 11kv.2' - I am getting a chevy in trade plus cash for the titan and maybe it will fit in there!

Brent

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
coachflip said:
Thanks to the both of you guys for taking the time to help me. I tested voltage at the harness and sure enough, no 12v!!! I went through the fuses and found the radio fuse under the hood was blown!!! HOLY SMOKES IT ALL WORKS NOW!!

Tech12Volt - Now I have to figure out what to do with this awesome box I have with two eD 11kv.2' - I am getting a chevy in trade plus cash for the titan and maybe it will fit in there!

Brent

let me know bro. what kind of chevy is it. Because i answer this for you know. A chevy box will fit in a Titan . But a Titan box will not fit in a Chevy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts