Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 CC LE with nav and dvd. Would like to add a backup camera to existing nav display. I understand that Armadas have those. Has anyone figured out how to add one to ours?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
ajean said:
I have an 08 CC LE with nav and dvd. Would like to add a backup camera to existing nav display. I understand that Armadas have those. Has anyone figured out how to add one to ours?
I will soon make a final decision, but here is what I am considering.
1. Run Camera into Nav screen via this 250$ setup (plus a "booster" etc. Call them for your complete price.): Avelectronic.com
Cameras on Ebay for 20-80$ should be fine per my research.
Here is one: Ebay item # 5834183564

2. Less expensive than above. Hard wired to separate tiny monitor (so I dont risk Nav issues caused by an after market modification -low risk with option #1, but still a risk). Here is an example of a hard wired option for 120$: Ebay Item number: 280028869737
They offer a 120 degree IR camera (this one is 90 degrees) for same price. They tout excellent phone service if needed. I awaiting a final research email from this seller.

Do not try Walmart Wireless- VR3. The interference is too much, even with my best efforts to solve issues. :dunno:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I tow two different trailers and installed a backup camera shortly after I purchased my '04. It's great to be able to back right up the trailer without getting out of the truck several times to check where you are at. Something a backup sensor will never be able to do......

·
Registered
305 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
The back up sensors work perfectly. Why go through all that expense?
I gota great but old dog who is hard of hearing and slow to move. My daughter ALMOST got his pelvis w/ the rear tire. Then my sonar buzzer went out (still waiting for part). Sooooo, I gota a back up camera- its a toy and a tool. Helps hook up the boat trailer hitch.

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
Machado7 said:
I will soon make a final decision, but here is what I am considering.
1. Run Camera into Nav screen via this 250$ setup (plus a "booster" etc. Call them for your complete price.): Avelectronic.com
Cameras on Ebay for 20-80$ should be fine per my research.
Here is one: Ebay item # 5834183564

2. Less expensive than above. Hard wired to separate tiny monitor (so I dont risk Nav issues caused by an after market modification -low risk with option #1, but still a risk). Here is an example of a hard wired option for 120$: Ebay Item number: 280028869737
They offer a 120 degree IR camera (this one is 90 degrees) for same price. They tout excellent phone service if needed. I awaiting a final research email from this seller.

Do not try Walmart Wireless- VR3. The interference is too much, even with my best efforts to solve issues. :dunno:
Here is the link to #1:
http://avelectronic.com/NavigationVid-InterfaceDual.htm#Price

Here is the link to #2:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280028869737&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=018

·
Registered
305 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280154046680&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=018
Backup "Wide Angle" Rear View Camera - 3.5" LCD Monitor - (eBay item 280154046680 end time Sep-20-07 13:46:23 PDT)

I bought this set up after speaking with the EBay store owner on the phone (when is the last time you could TALK to an EBay human?). I upgraded to a CCD camera (from the CMOS in the add). Ill let you know how it works after the install.

Here is the link to the EBay Rear View Buying Guide. Helpful. John at Duncans says that CCD cameras are usually 5x clearer than CMOS, but he has some great CMOS cameras that are only about 50% less clear than CCD. The original CMOS camera in the original EBay add is one of his good ones, but the CCD upgrade is only 20$ and worth it per John).
http://reviews.ebay.com/How-to-Choo...000000037397?ssPageName=BUYGD:CAT:-1:SEARCH:2
eBay Guides - How to Choose Vehicle Rear View Backup Video Camera

1 - 8 of 8 Posts