Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I put my 08 pro4x in reverse 3 seconds after that the back up sensors turn off. The light on the switch turns on to show that they are off. The only way to turn them back on is to turn off the truck and restart it. Then if I go to reverse 3 seconds and they are off again. HELP

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As usual, I should have searched before I posted. I found several write ups on this. Now time to go test it out. Thanks TT.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright guys. Did the troubleshooting and here is what I heard. 1 low and 4 high tones. that is the outer right form the previous search. Does that mean I need a new sonar there or could it be a wire? I just got the truck and it is form Virginia and has some rust under it. I will get under it tomorrow and check the wiring to make sure I have a good connection. I need that sonar for backing up cause I am used to it and love it.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Easy fix.. I had it also.. you need to replace the speaker. I did it and NEVER had that problem again.. mine is 06 LE... search the forum you will find the answer. I actually posted to question and got the response.. so look under my post started

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you did the test did it tell you it was the speaker? When I ran the test it was one low and 4 high tones. That means its the outer right sonar according to the chart.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Didnt have a piezo at the house so I decided to get on the creeper and take a look. Pulled the rear sonar that was showing as bad out of the bumper. I tapped it on the ground and blew some compressed air into the sonar and plug. Hooked it all back up and now it is working fine. This site has saved me some serious $$$$ over the years with simple tests to run. :redblob":redblob"

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I changed neither. I cleaned the sonar and it was fine. Now however it is acting up again. time to get the creeper back out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts